Blasphemy

ColdSideofthePillow

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate, do you have your phone on you? Give me a text. I've pm'd you my number. Let's have a chat and a pint. If I shift my tent slightly and yours is small, you can camp with me if you like. I'm next to a lovely community of young greens just up from where you are at Pennards. They'll give you a hug, a shoulder to cry on and a cup of tea.

This place is huge. It can be overwhelming and all a 'bit much'. So much hype, so much expectation on yourself to enjoy it. It's ok that you're not but don't resign yourself to that.

If you're not inclined to do any of the above, please take yourself to the healing fields. There are some lovely, lovely people you can talk to there. They'll listen, they'll understand and they'll help.

If all else fails, get yourself a few drinks and instead of pressuring yourself to enjoy everything, go and be sad up at Green Futures where there's a lovely gently acoustic sound flowing all afternoon.

Also, come to the meet if you feel up to it.

It'll be alright, mate. Go easy on yourself and try to relax.

Edited by kalifire

Mate, do you have your phone on you? Give me a call. 07542221288. Let's have a chat and a pint. If I shift my tent slightly and yours is small, you can camp with me if you like. I'm next to a lovely community of young greens just up from where you are at Pennards. They'll give you a hug, a shoulder to cry on and a cup of tea.

This place is huge. It can be overwhelming and all a 'bit much'. So much hype, so much expectation on yourself to enjoy it. It's ok that you're not but don't resign yourself to that.

If you're not inclined to do any of the above, please take yourself to the healing fields. There are some lovely, lovely people you can talk to there. They'll listen, they'll understand and they'll help.

If all else fails, get yourself a few drinks and instead of pressuring yourself to enjoy everything, go and be sad up at Green Futures where there's a lovely gently acoustic sound flowing all afternoon.

Well that is one of the loveliest posts I have seen on these boards

Mate, do you have your phone on you? Give me a call. 07542221288. Let's have a chat and a pint. If I shift my tent slightly and yours is small, you can camp with me if you like. I'm next to a lovely community of young greens just up from where you are at Pennards. They'll give you a hug, a shoulder to cry on and a cup of tea.

You're a hero! THIS is what the festival is all about.

I just feel uber emotional at the moment mate - to add insult to injury my shoulders have taken a battering from being a twat and walking from gate A to oxylers and not camping closer to Gate A, the thought of carrying my gear somewhere again fills me with dread but to camp somewhere quiet does appeal to me greatly.

I just feel uber emotional at the moment mate - to add insult to injury my shoulders have taken a battering from being a twat and walking from gate A to oxylers and not camping closer to Gate A, the thought of carrying my gear somewhere again fills me with dread but to camp somewhere quiet does appeal to me greatly.

That's understandable.

So here's what you do.

You think to yourself "This is hell, utter bollocks, worst thing I have EVER done, it's all going to end in tears".  Really give it to yourself.

Then you take a deep breath and think

"Bollocks to it, I will give it a go"

There has been a lot of good advice on this thread.  Do whatever you feel is right for YOU.  No pressure on yourself, if it's shit then hey, you expect it to be.  I am 99% certain though that it won't be.

Enjoy your Glasto.

Edited by Teddington

Coldsideofthepillow - have a good long drink, get some decent food and raise your BM a bit. Then a nice sitdown in the shade and people watch for a while. Recharge those batteries. Maybe have a bit of shuteye.

Then either contact Kalifire (Kalifire, you're a good'un) or move your things over to behind the JP tent where it's a bit quieter. If you're surrounded by knobheads, then move! It'll get better, I promise you that. Have a brilliant time, and don't rush around. Take your time over things. There's lots of cool people around!

If I were you, I would definately take your tent down now (after drinking lots of water and visiting the medical tent), then head to a much quieter field, around Pylon for example, there will be loads of space there, you might even some of the field to yourself,if you needs some sleep). The fields to the far west, near gate A are much quieter (some parts might even be in the shade) and you will have a lot of room to chill out. Oxlyers is a bit mad if you haven't been to Glasto before, more suited to people who want to party all night and be around their mates. Tomorrow more people will arrive, a more quieter and chilled out bunch than you've probably got in Oxlyers, and it will give you time to catch up on some sleep tonight. I might see you there, I dont get to Pylon until the middle of Thursday afternoon

If you want to have a quiet time and wander round a bit I would head to the Greenfields or the area above the park. really nice and quiet place to just sit around sipping a beer or two. You dont need to talk to anyone if you dont want to, but if you do there will plenty to chat to, and they will be chilled out. I wouldnt venture to the SE corner / Shangri La tonight, you sound overwhelmed and exhausted so probably need to recharge your batteries today, and see how you fell tomorrow

I really hope you stay and end up having a fantastic time. I am sure you will if you find the right field to camp in an stick it out the night. Everyone finds Glasto overwhelming and daunting initially, especially if you are camping on your own

I have my fingers crossed for you my friend, I hope it works out for you

It's so normal, you'd be amazed. I've seen it happen to so many people over the years.

The pressure to enjoy every second of 'the best party on earth' can be so intense, and then you get there and it's hot, you're tired and burnt and all the advice involves walking for miles when you just want to sleep.

It's ok. You'll be ok, I promise. Just give yourself permission to feel shitty. It's ok.

This is so so important - we set up at 12, gf isn't feeling too great and it was so hot waiting / carrying / setting up - all we've done is sit, have a smoothie, a quick walk for some food (a quick pint for me) and now I've just had an hour nap and promised her I wouldn't wake her up til she's had two. It's not exactly rock and roll but today is a bonus day, like a holiday from the real world rather than part of the festival. Take it at your own pace and try not to feel any pressure

Another question for you- what bands are you most looking forward to?

also I'd agree with moving, though maybe tomorrow not today if you feel shit!

Edited by efcfanwirral

the thought of carrying my gear somewhere again fills me with dread but to camp somewhere quiet does appeal to me greatly.

I completely get this, but if you can get yourself to a better place location wise, I expect you'll get yourself to a better place in every other since too

Mate, do you have your phone on you? Give me a text. I've pm'd you my number. Let's have a chat and a pint. If I shift my tent slightly and yours is small, you can camp with me if you like. I'm next to a lovely community of young greens just up from where you are at Pennards. They'll give you a hug, a shoulder to cry on and a cup of tea.

Such a wonderful post!

There are far more great people like this at Glastonbury than the numpties your camped by.

I think people underestimate just how BIG Glastonbury is and I guess that can be overwhelming.

Hope you are OK.

Def find the company on offer or at least get to the medical tent

All the best.

I was going to suggest can some locate this guy and help him out? Sounds like Kalifire is on the case.

I'm sure you won't be imposing. How about you send your number to one of us and we can perhaps arrange someone to visit you and bring you some water etc & give you a hand with your things?

I really would take someone up on their offer. There are some really awesome people on here and you could end up making a great friend! Just being able to talk to someone face to face who understands what you're going through will really help I should imagine.

Edited by jparx

I feel like I'm having a panic attack

I'm not on site yet or I'd be happy to lend a hand.

If its any consolation / comfort there are people here who are concerned about you and wanting to help.

Take a minute to get your breath, and just pack up one small item at a time - don't try and think of getting it all together immediately. Little steps :)

How about you take up the offer made by McCor?

Take care :)