Blasphemy

ColdSideofthePillow

But I don't think I'm cut out for this...

First day, not enjoying myself, camping in oxylers, full of peeps that know each other, I don't have the confidence nor inclination to say hello.

it's way too hot, as a diabetic I sweat in winter so today is horrendous, my face and arms are burnt, all I wanna do is get some sleep but the tent is too hot. If I was given the chance to go home right now... Sadly I would take it.

I think one needs to experience things to know if they are suited or not. I don't think this is for me.

I may come across as ungrateful as some unlucky souls would appreciate being here more than me but s**t happens.

Dave signing off.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I don't think I'm cut out for this...

First day, not enjoying myself, camping in oxylers, full of peeps that know each other, I don't have the confidence nor inclination to say hello.

it's way too hot, as a diabetic I sweat in winter so today is horrendous, my face and arms are burnt, all I wanna do is get some sleep but the tent is too hot. If I was given the chance to go home right now... Sadly I would take it.

I think one needs to experience things to know if they are suited or not. I don't think this is for me.

I may come across as ungrateful as some unlucky souls would appreciate being here more than me but s**t happens.

Dave signing off.

Very very very early days.

I remember my first ever Glastonbury fifteen years ago. I spent the first afternoon thinking it wasn't for me... thought it was boring, lot of stalls selling stuff, no bands on that I liked, overhyped. I have been back every yr I've been able to since - and will be there tmw. I love it so so much now.

If it's too hot, go up to the green fields and find some shade there. You'll be fine.

Abandon what you expect and go and explore.

Edited by kloot

I literally feel ill like I've got sun stroke or something plus the people around me aren't the friendliest bunch "complaining about where I've camped" when I was here first!!

This is a nightmare. I'm not looking for sympathy or anything, I've been out and walked as far as Williams green earlier in the day, now I feel like I have no energy left.

I guess it's not for everyone but at least give it a fair chance. If you don't like it after a few days then at least you've done it and you don't have to do it again. You've done the difficult part of getting a ticket and getting there, at least stay for 24hours before making a rash decision

Please don't pack up. Wander to the Green Fields, or maybe the Circus/Cabaret fields.  I'm not sure if you drink or not, but if you do, then PLEASE get some down ya! Push through!

Psst, the big secret on these boards is that everybody gets pissed off with being stuck in a field with no comforts sometimes.  It may not be mentioned often, but it's pretty normal, although admittedly you sound like you're not having a great time yet.

Remember, the entertainment has yet to start.

Williams Green isn't much different to Oxylers either. Go up above the railway line and chill out up there.

Go via a water tap and cover your head in cold water. Then get some salty food.

But don't leave, until tmw at least. Give yourself a 24 hr run.

Sounds like a tough situation. I can completely sympathise with you. I suffer from IBS and generally have a terrible immune system and believe me, I know what it's like to get to a festival and feel like shit.

All I will tell you though is that the one occasion where I have left a festival early, I have definitely regretted it and have not done it since, no matter how awful i felt.

Just read about the sunstroke symptoms, yes definately go to the medical tent, there is shade there, and they can advice the best way to help you, especially given your diabetes.  Go and see the medical people.  I pop in most festivals for one reason or another (mostly voluntarily!) and they have been without fail helpful, friendly and generally lovely.

And get some water down you ASAP!

Edited by stuartbert two hats

Go and see the medics if you are feeling ill.

It's Wednesday.  Give it until Friday.  Don't expect too much. Do what YOU want to do. If that means nothing, then nothing. 

Personally if I was there (sigh) I would be finding a nice secluded spot up by the Park/Viewing area, few ciders in hand and watching the place fill up.

Sounds as though you want a sleep, so do the above and find a bit of shade.  Sorted!

Bliss!

Go and see the medics if you are feeling ill.

It's Wednesday.  Give it until Friday.  Don't expect too much. Do what YOU want to do. If that means nothing, then nothing. 

Personally if I was there (sigh) I would be finding a nice secluded spot up by the Park/Viewing area, few ciders in hand and watching the place fill up.

Sounds as though you want a sleep, so do the above and find a bit of shade.  Sorted!

Bliss!

Good shout, you may be able to find some space under a tree up Park way.

Agree with the above posts,don't chuck in the towel just yet,how about moving if you're packing anyway,somewhere quieter,oxylers is not a good camping spot.

Definitely this. I generally hate camping in the busiest areas. I always have a much better time if I have some space and friendly neighbours. 

Don't know what the matter is I'm in my tent with tears rolling down my face.

Don't know what's happening

It's so normal, you'd be amazed.  I've seen it happen to so many people over the years. 

The pressure to enjoy every second of 'the best party on earth' can be so intense, and then you get there and it's hot, you're tired and burnt and all the advice involves walking for miles when you just want to sleep.

It's ok.  You'll be ok, I promise.  Just give yourself permission to feel shitty. It's ok.