Few things with the map

leeawilliams19

I think that with the 3 separate campsite entrances the bampots will be more spread out on this site. Pink1 will have the weegie bams, green the fifers and the teuchters and kenfitters will be in red and blue. I dunno if this is a good thing or not, I kind of liked knowing where to avoid in the past. The back of blue will most likely be the quietest if that's what you are after.

It must be a sign of the poor infrastructure that they have put on the map that there is no walking in or out. Traffic could be a nightmare. Remember the first friday year when the car parks got clogged. People were walking from halfway up the motorway.

I'm liking the multiple arena entrances too but as someone has already said, they won't be able to avoid a choke point by Tuts during band changeovers.

Hard to judge distances on a cartoon map, but getting from main stage to radio one might be easier leaving the arena and going round past pink, if you have a camping ticket, to avoid the choke point

If you look at arena site plan I posted the other day you can just about make out in real terms how long it will take to walk that and it looks like a ridiculously long walk.

I like how on the site map they've completely ignored there is a pinch point never mind how much a pinch point is there.

I liked that Healthy T was away from the stages - it looks too close to Radio1 now.

I would imagine that green & pink are open Thursday along with some/all of Blue. It looks smaller though, the campsite section?

Also strange that the sunset strip is next to the main stage - does that mean there is access to that area on the Thursday or not?

I'm hoping to camp Green 1/Blue 7 kind of area - not too loud and not too quiet - but then you never really know what it's going to be like. And I'm a kenfitter from Aberdeen xD

I liked that Healthy T was away from the stages - it looks too close to Radio1 now.

I would imagine that green & pink are open Thursday along with some/all of Blue. It looks smaller though, the campsite section?

Also strange that the sunset strip is next to the main stage - does that mean there is access to that area on the Thursday or not?

I'm hoping to camp Green 1/Blue 7 kind of area - not too loud and not too quiet - but then you never really know what it's going to be like. And I'm a kenfitter from Aberdeen xD

Sunset Strip will be open on Thursday, you're allowed to take in your own boos too!

The BBC Introducing Stage and the Slam tent are open on the Thursday night.

Blue 1 has also been designated the Citizen T and quiet zone

I'm quite suprised how similar the map is too the previous site. Hopefully this means when I am absolutley smashed I still have a general sense of where things are.

Does anyone think they might have scaled down the event this year to cope with the changes or is it just as big as ever?

The arena is definitely scaled down. If you compare the detailed layout(not the cartoon map) on the planning portal compared with that of Balado it seems significantly smaller with a lot less space between the stages. Not to mention the big chunk of the arena they had to lose because of the ospreys.

No its bigger I passed through the site not that long ago and all the camping areas are bigger but their is less and the osprey has only knocked 250 metres off

You say 250 metres as if it's nothing?

Anyway. It's not bigger. The arena from comparing both site plans is at least a 1/5 smaller than balado.

Edited by Paulk2904

To be honest with a new site we wont really know how big or small it will be till we get there. I Cant see there being too much a difference in size of the whole place in relation to Balado. The cartoon map was definitely not designed by architect so I wouldn't freak out about it.

ps. blue looks ideal this year to camp!

To be honest with a new site we wont really know how big or small it will be till we get there. I Cant see there being too much a difference in size of the whole place in relation to Balado. The cartoon map was definitely not designed by architect so I wouldn't freak out about it.

ps. blue looks ideal this year to camp!

I'm not talking about about the cartoon map I'm taking about the architects drawing. When I compared the two there was a clear difference and the arena at strathallan was definelty smaller. It's hard to judge how it will actually feel when your there but in terms of area it's smaller.

In saying that though balado was probably slightly larger than it needed to be on places.