Weather

Jim_

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most reliable site is Metcheck. Been spot on nearly every year.

I used to swear by Metcheck but its been a bit out at times in the last few years IMO.

I now swear by this site

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/strathallen_airfield

Have used it on various events from Wickerman to a wedding in Washington and its been spot on practically every time. 2 years ago at Wickerman we had a very hot Saturday, as predicted, but Windfinder predicted rain from midnight. I told a few people and they would look at the sky and say "aye right". Rain came in at 11pm and quite heavy too. My mate, who is a merchant navy ship captain, recommended it to me, he uses it for work purposes to decide whether to take ships out of port or not so needs reliable forecasting, thats the best there is in his opinion.

Once you get up to about Wed/Thurs before T then the super forecast will be pretty accurate.

Ohh and there is also Windy Wilson on Facebook, who lives in the area, he dishes out daily forecasts with a good dose of humour.

+1 for windfinder. I also use yr.no which is equally as good.

Yep, forgot about yr.no, also very good as you say.

Ahh the life of a festival goer, intimate knowledge of obscure weather forecasting websites and scoff at your "normals" using BBC or Accuweather for their daily forecasts.