Q about private coaches & shuttle

Brad2434

I was aware of the new arrangements for the drop offs for private coaches this year, but being bored today I decided to read the terms again and came across a booking form that needed to be filled in by 16th June. The last time I was on this page on the Glasto site was months ago and this info was not on, so I haven't filled in this form for our coach. What does this mean for us? We will be arriving very early wednesday morning around 4am, and the shuttles don't start until 7am, so if we queue for 3 hours to be told we can't get on a shuttle because we didn't fill in this form we are going to be gutted. 

Also, what do you think the chances are of them turning us away if we just tell our driver to drive straight to gate A? At 4am I can't imagine there being many see coaches or national express coaches turning up at this time. 

In exactly the same situation. I emailed and they basically said you have to book your coach in to the drop off, but anything before half 9 is fully booked. We've already paid upon a pre-arranged time with the company so we've just gotta go down and see what happens.

Was planning on doing the same and try to head straight to gate A. The whole point of us getting our own coach this year was to arrive earlier than we have in previous years when getting national express. Oh dear.

Edited by chel

In exactly the same situation. I emailed and they basically said you have to book your coach in to the drop off, but anything before half 9 is fully booked. We've already paid upon a pre-arranged time with the company so we've just gotta go down and see what happens.

Was planning on doing the same and try to head straight to gate A. The whole point of us getting our own coach this year was to arrive earlier than we have in previous years when getting national express. Oh dear.

Well this has completely cocked everything up for us! So if we arrive like I said at 4am the drop off site won't let us in? Surely not?! I had no idea about this contact form until this morning when I checked to see what time the shuttles started! Absolute farse this year.

Well that's what she made out in the email. It really is a crap situation, we only discovered this yesterday and have been flapping ever since. I didn't see any announcement about it, and we had friends who have been in previous years who said they just went to Gate A no questions ask so we didn't think it would change without them mentioning it - unless we missed it.

We're relying on them to be really nice cos we have no other option but to turn up at around 4/5ish. It seems abit daft even having the shuttle service open at 7am because of course people will be arriving before then.

Well that's what she made out in the email. It really is a crap situation, we only discovered this yesterday and have been flapping ever since. I didn't see any announcement about it, and we had friends who have been in previous years who said they just went to Gate A no questions ask so we didn't think it would change without them mentioning it - unless we missed it.

We're relying on them to be really nice cos we have no other option but to turn up at around 4/5ish. It seems abit daft even having the shuttle service open at 7am because of course people will be arriving before then.

Sounds like were in the exact same position. We have always just booked a coach and gone straight to gate A, found out a few months ago that this year we had to get dropped off at the drop off point (which at this stage had no mention of booking a time slot) so I thought nothing of it after that until i checked this morning! Really panicking now, can't decide whether to try and just go straight to gate A to try our luck or go to the drop off point and try our luck there, surely they can't make us wait until there is an open time slot which sounds like it will be 6 hours or so after we arrive?! That's just not glasto spirit. I would have appreciated at least an email saying the terms have changed for private coaches!

Yeah we're really praying that the glastonbury spirit shines through. Other wise it looks like a good 4/5 hour wait. Seems like we're being punished, you'd think they'd keep it stress free like the national express coaches considering we're arriving in one of the preferred ways.

Fingers crossed they take pity on us :(