Glastonbury Free Press

FuzzyDunlop

The paper comes out Thursday and Sunday (I think), you can get a copy for free at an information point (only a limited number are printed so they can run out fairly quickly).

The Free Press tent itself (where the printing press is and where you can buy the posters) is located in the corner of the Circus field right next to where the entrance to the Theatre field is.

I don't think there is a digital copy of them. As long as you visit an information point on the morning they come out you should have no problems getting hold of a copy...the difficult bit is protecting your copy from rain/mud/getting creased if you intend to take it home! 

Fair to say that the press has been somewhat temperamental - the first year they used it (2013?) they only got out a paper on the final day.

The Q Daily wasn't great, but it was there.

Information points the best place to try

I'm sure that back in the 90s there was a free paper (8 pages max) that came out every day and had reviews of the previous days fun, as well as previews for that day, interviews and running order etc.  Along with Worthy FM it really made the fest seem like the self-contained city  it is.

Or am I just imagining it?

I'm sure that back in the 90s there was a free paper (8 pages max) that came out every day and had reviews of the previous days fun, as well as previews for that day, interviews and running order etc.  Along with Worthy FM it really made the fest seem like the self-contained city  it is.

Or am I just imagining it?

Yes there was the Select Daily, later the Q daily, and briefly the Firelighter. The Free Press in only three years old, and looking hugely improved this year. I did the layout and design last year, and am working on it to a slightly lesser degree this time round. Get hold of a copy if you can, and give it a chance :)

Edited by Dog Burger

Yes there was the Select Daily, later the Q daily, and briefly the Firelighter. The Free Press in only three years old, and looking hugely improved this year. I did the layout and design last year, and am working on it to a slightly lesser degree this time round. Get hold of a copy if you can, and give it a chance :)

I certainly will, if I see one.  Just a shame it isn't every day. Maybe next year...

Got all the posters framed on Mt wallcthey look ace. Any chance of saving Me a pack of posters dog burger will pay accordingly!