What food is suitable to take to TITP?

Jadeelisabeth

So, food!

I've seen that BBQ's and stoves aren't allowed so thats hot food out of the question, unless you're buying it which I'm sure costs a bomb, I've read many forums about festival food that always say take pot noodles and couscous etc, but is there even hot water available as a camper at T? (Can't you tell i'm a festival virgin haha!)

Unfortunately money is an object for me, I have to be careful about how much I'm spending so I know you can buy food but I won't be doing this all the time, so what food do people take with them? And what food should you avoid taking?

Your help is much appreciated  :bye: 

Cereal bars are a very good idea, that should be your breakfast sorted.

As said above, small bbq's are fine, we took some last year and cooked a few sausages, wasn't to bad. Cold sausage rolls are a decent idea, taste good and easy to eat, other than that, the food at T isn't hugely overpriced, I always get a main meal at like 9, costs about £8 if I remember correctly.

Bbqs a good idea, we taken frozen bacon and by time saytuday morning comes it's defrosted and perfect for breakfast. Making pulled pork rolls to take on Friday, Cereal bars for morning, cold rolls before the arena, crisps for tent and buy dinner in healthy T. Seen people with hot water on disposable bbqs for pot noodles and a cuppa too

Cocktail sausages, sausage rolls, pasties - all that processed kind of thing.

cereal bars, biscuits, Jaffa cakes & sweeties.I also like to take pringles/crisps and those chive pretzels! Went through bag after bag of those pished last year.

Healthy T for your food is definitely the way to go!

Cereal bars and booze in the morning, pastie or two in the afternoon before you go to the arena along with some crisps and that then get yourself supper when you can - I'd say around 6-7pm is the best time to get it to keep you pretty full.

did they give it to you no bother? 

Not a tactic I'd rely on. I've seen them tell people to piss off. Also people that cooked their own bacon but wanted to buy plain rolls, they charged them the same as a bacon roll!

Not a tactic I'd rely on. I've seen them tell people to piss off. Also people that cooked their own bacon but wanted to buy plain rolls, they charged them the same as a bacon roll!

Even if you offered to pay them something for it? food is just something i'll probs fork out for at the end of the day probs haha 

Even if you offered to pay them something for it? food is just something i'll probs fork out for at the end of the day probs haha 

I can't see they'd refuse the price of a coffee for the boiling water but it all depends on where you go and at what time.

There's an on site supermarket this year coz you can't walk into town from the site. I would imagine it will be quite busy though, but as long as you don't mind being patient I think it'll be handy.

I'm a rebel though, I've taken a small gas stove for the last few years, never been searched yet...respectable parental type haha!!

Canny beat Hot dogs & coffee for brekkie (slight lie...it's usually beer!!!). I can even make toast on it!!!

Some of those 4 for a £1 Cereal Bars for breakfast, Sandwiches and Cold Meat, Cheese Slices and Pickle for lunch means you're only forking out for an evening meal. Switch the lunches with pasties for variety. If your really trying to do it on the cheap then those little jars of pasta you can get in supermarket £3 meal deals could do for dinner (think there a couple of quid or so on there own). All in all about £20 or so for the whole weekend