First thing to do

sebcity

Hi,

First time going to Glastonbury. We should be arriving in CVE at about 6am on Wednesday morning.

What should we do first? I'll be driving through the night from Dublin so will get a couple hour's kip I'd imagine. So would people recommend just going in and having a look around and getting a feel for the place, landmark ourselves? Or is there any must do's on the first entry?

This has probably been asked already, apologies if so.

Thanks

We usually dump our stuff, try have an hours' sleep as we've been in the paupers' queue all night (sleep never happens) then we go on a pub crawl.

It's a great way to get your bearings as well as having a chilled time after an arduous journey! Finish the evening at the Stone Circle, complete!

Bar list here, but I personally prefer bimbling around! http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/bars/

Get everything sorted: inflated, filled, rolled, pinned out, the lot. THEN get that chair out and crack that can. Do not move until can is empty. Consider second can: drink second can. Make wise cracks at passers by carrying heavy shit. Perve a bit. Laugh a bit. Shake head at youngsters looking a little different.

Then go get something to eat, you've deserved it'

Get everything sorted: inflated, filled, rolled, pinned out, the lot. THEN get that chair out and crack that can. Do not move until can is empty. Consider second can: drink second can. Make wise cracks at passers by carrying heavy shit. Perve a bit. Laugh a bit. Shake head at youngsters looking a little different.

Then go get something to eat, you've deserved it'

This 

Yeh, get pitched sorted so when you get back later, you can just flake out. Then take a cat nap, then go for a wonder. The markets are open, the bars are open, just find some key points to help you navigate the site. 

I'm camping so once pitched, tent sorted, go get water, back to camp, brew up a cuppa, turn on Worthy FM on the radio, chill and take it from there.

You won't be getting any sleep on arrival that's for certain.

Make sure you study the road map before hand and do not just follow GPS instructions. For CVE you want to be leaving the M5 nearer Bristol and head down the A37 towards Shepton Mallet. You'll potentially be parked up by midday and have setup your site. Then crack open a can and chill. Then crack open another can and wander down the hill towards the gate.

Then grab a cider from the next bar that you pass and just wander about and see where you end up. There will be something interesting around the next corner.

First festival single so once tent is sorted (first thing) I am bashing one out.

Edit: then going to JeSUS & getting munted.

i don't know why this has made me smile so much. i think it is the air of determination. no messing about: tent. crank. Djs. munted. bish-bash-bosh

Edited by chief_scrutter

You won't be getting any sleep on arrival that's for certain.

Make sure you study the road map before hand and do not just follow GPS instructions. For CVE you want to be leaving the M5 nearer Bristol and head down the A37 towards Shepton Mallet. You'll potentially be parked up by midday and have setup your site. Then crack open a can and chill. Then crack open another can and wander down the hill towards the gate.

Then grab a cider from the next bar that you pass and just wander about and see where you end up. There will be something interesting around the next corner.

Thanks Robin. Will be coming from that direction. Hope to be parked up long before midday though :)

Crash for a couple of hours, just have a beer, a snooze, recover.

Then walk, and walk and walkn and walk and drink and talk and walk

And get back to your van, collapse and go , wow, what just happened!

Starts Monday 12pm. We could start now, we're all set up, but our license hasn't started yet. We're not just on 87.7fm either, once we go live you can listen via a smartphone online at worthyfm.com , so feel free to listen in the car on the way down from wherever too.

Incidentally, if anyone's doing anything interesting at the festival this year, whatever it is, then drop us a line at hello@worthyfm.com . We'd love to hear from you, and possibly come record you chatting about it too, then play it on t'radio.