The Weather Thread

LOCHLAND5

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this " warmer " and "very good" talk :-)

As long as it doesn't lash down when your lass takes the bairns on the big wheel this year you'll be fine. She didn't look best amused after spending 5 minutes whizzing through the thrashing rain

Spent too many weeks worrying about weather before festivals, country file on Sunday night is usually a good sign for the week ahead an then it'll be Wednesday mornings forecast on tv.

Fingers crossed

no worrying required, the festival gods are with us this year, it pissed it down last year because they booked Frank Turner as a headline. This year however the line-up will have pleased Dionysus.

Spent too many weeks worrying about weather before festivals, country file on Sunday night is usually a good sign for the week ahead an then it'll be Wednesday mornings forecast on tv.

Fingers crossed

I'm with you - no point even thinking 'bout it weeks in advance. Pack for the worst. Hope for the best!

Lay in tent in morning thinking....Oh great it's not raining...get out of tent..look west...check cloud situation...dress accordingly...head out...have fun! :)

I'm with you - no point even thinking 'bout it weeks in advance. Pack for the worst. Hope for the best!

Lay in tent in morning thinking....Oh great it's not raining...get out of tent..look west...check cloud situation...dress accordingly...head out...have fun! :)

Thats one of my favourite things at festivals, the amount of us that turn into amateur meteorologists at festivals is great!

Great thing about KC is that if it changes suddely (youre in North Cumbria of course it will!)  Its a 10 min stroll back to the tent to change!

There's always loaf's of trees to shelter under as well. Remember watching Ash a few years ago stood under a tree in the stotting rain and hardly a ďrop touched me.

Still prefer the sun though !

Would've been right close to you as we were doing the same thing. My boy was in a full stormtrooper outfit

Thats one of my favourite things at festivals, the amount of us that turn into amateur meteorologists at festivals is great!

Great thing about KC is that if it changes suddely (youre in North Cumbria of course it will!)  Its a 10 min stroll back to the tent to change!

Yup..I'm reared in Lancs and live in the west of Ireland so this is my life....as they say over here...if you don't like the weather..wait a minute! ;)

....as they say over here...if you don't like the weather..wait a minute! ;)

They say that about the lake district, however, last year we waited 3 days and it still didn't stop

still thought it was a cracking weekend though...

Definitely showery and 16 degrees is a bit of a joke for late July but that's the UK for you ! First time at KC for me so looking forward to the experience anyway and I'm sure the real ale place will be under cover !

unless things have changed, real ale, chai wallahs, calling out, house party, glow tent and riot jazz all covered but you won't need cover unless you're concerned about sunstroke!

worryingly fine and sunny here in Heysham at the minute...

Hi...Heysham's where I am from and where I am headed to this week-well actually my mum lives in Middleton now but I was born at Wilson Grove and lived on Woborrow Rd for years. My mum used to run Snatchems pub years ago :)

How's the weather today? It's persisting down here in Westport. Just in time for Reek Sunday where 20,000 pilgrims descend on Croagh Patrick and climb it (some of them barefoot) I, for one, would sooner do a wet festi! lol

Forecast between Thursday and Monday seems to be mostly cloudy with occasional sun and occasional showers. Everyone knows that overcast is the best festival weather so it looks to be a massive improvement on last year at this stage.

It does seem to be horrendously cold for July though... 14 degrees?