Recommendations

siweltrebor

I'd like to know if there are any acts you would recommend checking out at Glastonbury this year, perhaps straying away from the larger stages, is there something on the lineup that you personally rate as must see that perhaps many of us would overlook or miss on the lineup.

Not an Act but would maybe recommend breakfast with Howard marks,

Sunday, Glade stage at 12pm.

Also silent disco at sonic stage (silver hayes) Saturday 1am-7am. the djing group is Mixnots.

Enjoy dude  :beach:

Not sure how unknown you're looking for but this is my summary of non-headliners and non-Pyramid/Other performances I'd recommend you see.

Courtney Barnett (alright playing Pyramid, but early)

Sleaford Mods -

Todd Terje -

Caribou -

Alvvays -

Edited by Bradders

On the basis of what I've heard John Fairhurst is a must see and he's playing about 8 times over the weekend, with and without his band.

Some of the gigs are pretty short though.

Either way, make sure you get to see one of them

2nd this!! and only looked this dude up thru recommendations on this forum.

He sounds awesome tbh :)

On the basis of what I've heard John Fairhurst is a must see and he's playing about 8 times over the weekend, with and without his band.

Beat me to it, agreed sounds great from what I've heard, will be heading to see him to get my shot of Rhythm n Blues.

Saw John at the St Werburghs Summer Fair in Bristol this weekend, playing on the back of a truck. He seems to have upped the amount of Hendrixy lead guitar playing in his act since I last saw him doing a more stripped back Bluesy thing. Good, though. He mentioned Glastonbury during his set - he was playing to about 12 people in a pen usually populated by goats and sheep!

I'm looking forward to seeing the Cambodian Space Project. I didn't know there was a whole Cambodian beat/surf music scene in the late 60s early 70s before the Khmer Rouge took power. It's full of tremolo & reverb, driving surf-beats & women singing risque lyrics in Khmer. Think Dick Dale meets the east. The history of that genre is quite amazing and sad as well, I lost an afternoon reading about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CneaQ26WoeQ

Edited by Ponyegg