No separate Citizen T?!

kezzawizz

Never been to  citizen T, and at 20 and going for my fifth T this year, I don't quite understand all these gripes. I love a good drink and a party, but everytime i've camped i've always slept no bother. In regards to what people have been saying, I've yet to see anybody pish against a tent or shit in someones tent or that, normally if we can't be bothered walking to the toilets we go to the nearest fence, and as far as neighbours, we've always met really friendly people round about who we sit with all weekend, keeping our bit of the site tidy and helping each other egt packed on the monday, but I guess it depends on the kinda people that you are and you meet.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't say it's the same at festivals everywhere. Glastonbury has loads of really brilliant night clubs,comedians going on and all sorts after the bands finish. So literally the only people back at their tent are people that want to sleep.

Personally don't think getting pished at a campsite is my idea of a party, but that's why I've started just getting tickets for the day that looks best to me for T and going to Glastonbury for the whole weekend.

My feelings exactly. The point is, Citizen T provided a quieter area for those of us (like me, with a younger teenager) who didn't want to party all night. And they let us all buy tickets for this year with absolutely no hint that there would be no dedicated Citizen T area, that's one of our main gripes!!

Edited by kezzawizz

So....extending the Citizen T ethos across the whole campsite went well, didn't it??! As we were heading off on the huge bloody trek to the car park at midday today, there were Christ knows how many empty tents on fire, all containing aerosols, by the sound of the explosions all around. It was like walking through a bizarre refugee camp/war zone hybrid....

I camped in the so called citizen T campsite total joke from start to finish been going to T for a few years now but thats it am finished with it. The went on about the ethos of the camp god it was like a war zone with young kids runing aboot oot there tree ppl just pissing up against tents not a care in the world these folk are bloody kids a do not have a clue how they get in.

On 1 side of my tent i had the local drug dealer  3 random guys came up to me asking what do i need i got everything just ask 1 guy was walking aboot selling this laughing gas to all the kids the security ppl even seen this and just walked pass no giving a flying duck all the time i was in the campsite i seen 2 polcemen 2 from thursday afternoon until sunday wtf is that all aboot.

Silly wee lassies who look like there aboot 14 with almost nothing on pissing where they stand total shambles this so called festival i wont be spending another penny on this rubbish in a way its sad having enjoyed it in the years gone by but its not the same anymore. I really do think its the end of T now

me an my mates were in blue 1, it was utter bedlam sunday night and this morning, fires and deodorant bombs galore

We landed in blue 3 - absolute carnage last night/this morning - tent "bonfires" galore.

We ended up bringing in and sitting up the whole night with some teenager who had been roaming around for ages as her tent had just been burnt down and her friends were so out of it she couldn't wake them.

Seriously considering offside camping next year after that carry on.

Glad we had been pre-warned about tent fires on Sunday nights so we packed up in the afternoon then left after noel.

We were very lucky that we didn't have any trouble but then we kept to ourselves.

We saw security patrolling quite often and the police occasionally.

They need to bring back citizen t though my partner struggled to sleep as he was listening out for trouble. And the walk to the tent from the arena via the lockers because I didn't want to keep anything of any value in the tent.

Citizen T was great we were treated to a full on bottle, can and camping chair riot that lasted around an hour.

Security couldn't be less interested and the police never even tried to show up.

spent 1/2 the afternoon in the tent because it was too dangerous to walk outside.

Every steward we asked for direction had the same answer "i don't know" might as well have a bunch of mannequins stewarding it!

Shambles dose not even begin to describe it.

I had a good time overall but I won't be back at that hell hole.

Citizen T was great we were treated to a full on bottle, can and camping chair riot that lasted around an hour.

Security couldn't be less interested and the police never even tried to show up.

spent 1/2 the afternoon in the tent because it was too dangerous to walk outside.

Every steward we asked for direction had the same answer "i don't know" might as well have a bunch of mannequins stewarding it!

Shambles dose not even begin to describe it.

I had a good time overall but I won't be back at that hell hole.

Everything about this year screamed fleecing us for as much cash possible and maximising profits. Get rid of most of those bloody fairground rides and tacky stalls which have no relevance to the actual event. Security/policing seemed like a joke. The layout of the campsites and arena definitely were. I came back from Balado last year and pre-paid for this year asap....Not happening this time :-(