No separate Citizen T?!

kezzawizz

Not at all happy about this. Taking my 14 year old daughter again and not impressed with being in the mayhem of the general camping, no matter how much they talk up the ethos of Citizen T applying to all campers. I don't want my tent trashed and I don't want to fork out an additional £140 for Tangerine Fields!! Thoughts? Anyone fancy at least forming a civilised enclave? ;-)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't impressed by this either. For a couple in their mid twenties we are a couple of old fogies.

I'm definitely up for making our own little quiet area where our tent isn't going to be wrecked. The arena is for partying and the campsite for relaxing and sleeping.

I wasn't impressed by this either. For a couple in their mid twenties we are a couple of old fogies.

I'm definitely up for making our own little quiet area where our tent isn't going to be wrecked. The arena is for partying and the campsite for relaxing and sleeping.

Funniest thing I've read on here. Yes it's good to relax in the campsite in the morning but it comes alive at night nothing better than continuing the party into the small hours it's what happens at festivals everywhere if you want to sleep maybe best not camping

There's having fun in the campsite and there's living in landfill with wasted w*nkers who will piss and shit where they stand. Citizen T was quite good for a party, it was just a bit more clean and civilised. You could put up a decent tent and it wouldn't get trashed. The main campsite isn't for everybody and now T isn't. Yet another subsection of previous T goers who they have driven away. It'll be a 35k open air nightclub soon enough and won't last long after.

I'm all for a party but when I want to go to sleep I want to go to sleep. I've always been like that. And I definitely don't want some twastered peeing up my tent.

Unfortunately living 5 hours away camping is our only option. Especially as there are bands we want to see all 3 nights.

There is a lot of angry people on the T in the Park facebook page demanding refunds etc as they booked on basis that there would be citizen T. Can't say I blame them. Ellis and Co have got this badly wrong judging by the online reaction

I gave up the main campsite years ago due to the amount of bams and have been using Lethangie campsite which is also going to be at Strathallan this year. Good bunch of people, cars near tent etc and £40 PP is better value than Tangerine fields

I agree that Citizen T should have been kept, but sadly I think TITP this year is going to be totally different in many ways. I always camped in Yellow, which was furthest away from the Thursday night campers, who r usually in  the wildest camping area. Once the map comes out we should get a better idea. Sadly this I feel is my last year if it continues with worsening lineups and changing things that dont need changed.

I agree that Citizen T should have been kept, but sadly I think TITP this year is going to be totally different in many ways. I always camped in Yellow, which was furthest away from the Thursday night campers, who r usually in  the wildest camping area. Once the map comes out we should get a better idea. Sadly this I feel is my last year if it continues with worsening lineups and changing things that dont need changed.

Personally I think they have changed too much already the fact we are moving site should be enough as that will bring with it its own teething problems.

But he's decided to add to that by ditching token system at bar which worked fine now we will have people trying to pay for 1 pint by cards and rummaging about looking for change, ditching Citizen T and treating us with total contempt regardinjg even putting out a map of the place when there is 3 weeks to go till it starts never mind the lateness of the stage spilts and what looks to me like significantly less acts this year.

Will see how I get on this year and if its a shambles will ditch and go elsewhere like Glastonbury

The official site still has stuff up about citizen T for 2015 under the camping banner.

Has there been an official announcement they're not doing it or have they just not opened the registrations for it yet?

Edited by blue6field

Personally I think they have changed too much already the fact we are moving site should be enough as that will bring with it its own teething problems.

But he's decided to add to that by ditching token system at bar which worked fine now we will have people trying to pay for 1 pint by cards and rummaging about looking for change, ditching Citizen T and treating us with total contempt regardinjg even putting out a map of the place when there is 3 weeks to go till it starts never mind the lateness of the stage spilts and what looks to me like significantly less acts this year.

Will see how I get on this year and if its a shambles will ditch and go elsewhere like Glastonbury

If only getting a glastonbury ticket was as easy to get as a T in the Park one

The official site still has stuff up about citizen T for 2015 under the camping banner.

Has there been an official announcement they're not doing it or have they just not opened the registrations for it yet?

Yes official announcement on FB page last night has not gone down well at all. They are saying everywhere in campsite will be Citizen T. So no actual area the way there has been for last 5 years or so

Edited by kieranboruc

Yes official annoncement on FB page last night has not gone down well at all. They are saying everywhere in campsite will be Citizen T. So no actual area the way there has been for last 5 years or so

Wow thats pish!

This is people's biggest gripe. People have bought tickets on the strength of there being Citizen T as it is still advertised on their site. Yesterday they put out a FB video saying that there was no dedicated area and that the whole camp-site was going to be expected to live up to the Citizen T manifesto. I would be demanding a refund under false advertising personally.

The campervan area has changed too. You can't have a tent next to your van. It's almost as if they don't want customers any more.

This is people's biggest gripe. People have bought tickets on the strength of there being Citizen T as it is still advertised on their site. Yesterday they put out a FB video saying that there was no dedicated area and that the whole camp-site was going to be expected to live up to the Citizen T manifesto. I would be demanding a refund under false advertising personally.

The campervan area has changed too. You can't have a tent next to your van. It's almost as if they don't want customers any more.

There is a lot of people demanding refunds. TBH Ellis and Co are out of order on this as people have booked on the strength of the fact that Citizen T would be happening again

There's a petition now appeared on change.org but I think it may be too late for this year. We've forked out for tangerine on the basis that there's no Citizen T now.

https://www.change.org/p/geoff-ellis-t-in-the-park-bring-back-citizen-t

You should have booked in with Lethangie campsite which is around 0.5 miles from site. Similar vibe to citizen T and your car is beside your tent and £40 PP