Twitter hate toward Emily

Gwladboy

Really sad seeing all the hateful vitriol directed toward Emily on twitter in response to the Flo decision.  Some people really need to have a word with themselves.

I hope these people don't hound her to the point where it f*cks it up for the rest of us. 

I love this festival regardless of who is headlining on one stage on Friday night.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's not my cup of tea but under circumstances see little else that could be done. Really no need for the vitriol, some people really need to get a grip,Glastonbury is not just about 3 bands that appear last on the Pyramid stage

Edited by Uh-Oh!

Emily does a fantastic job, some people have no idea of the logistics involved in what she does (which is more than just booking bands) and to juggle things around at such short notice with limited options, she deserves praise not the negativity what some people aim at her. Some people like nothing else but to bitch and moan!

Edited by DAVA

I have stopped looking at Facebook etc as the statements on there about how Flo is a disgrace and the festival will be shit as a result were beginning to seriously grate :(

I wish people would realise that there are any number of people who would love to have their ticket - regardless of Florence and her Machine!

I am a massive Foos fan and of course I'm gutted they are not going to be able to play, but I still count my lucky stars that we got tickets and are now in a position to choose from heaps of other great bands on the Friday.

It's a privilege to be able to go to something as special as Glastonbury.

Edited by norainplease

Really sad seeing all the hateful vitriol directed toward Emily on twitter in response to the Flo decision.  Some people really need to have a word with themselves.

I hope these people don't hound her to the point where it f*cks it up for the rest of us. 

I love this festival regardless of who is headlining on one stage on Friday night.

Totally agree, however you feel about FATM I don't think they had much choice to be fair.

I reckon the vast majority of knob heads giving her grief have never been to the festival, probably not even going this year, just like the idiot that started the Kanye petition.  People that have been and get what Glastonbury is all about just shrug and go "well I'll be at one of the other hundred stages" if it's not for them.  

Edited by SteveTLizard

I just wonder how many of these people are actually going to the festival. 

I'm so happy for F+TM. They must be so stoked to have this opportunity fall in their lap. It's always great to see a band break through to that next level, regardless of my opinion of their music. I really don't care for Royal Blood, but I'm delighted to see those guys break through. 

I'm so happy for F+TM. They must be so stoked to have this opportunity fall in their lap. It's always great to see a band break through to that next level, regardless of my opinion of their music. I really don't care for Royal Blood, but I'm delighted to see those guys break through. 

really? I suspect there will be a little twinge at the back of their mind that they know they werent thought to be good enough first time round. 

Edited by russycarps

It's 2015, and as the daughter of the creator way back in 1970, and a now fundamental part of the band booking, and creator of the founder of the park stage, which is one of THE if not the most popular stage by punters (at least on here). If a couple of trolls want to start saying abusive things to me, then she could easily cancel them if she wanted to (She, like the trolls, isn't a complete w*nker though), and then have the last laugh. They've done a great job on limited funding, and in a climate where 'Exclusivity' dominates the UK festival scene, to produce a wonderful lineup that appeals to everyone.

If you want to shout abuse, that is fine, but i'd like to see you all do a better job and booking a band to headline on just over a weeks notice. 

Idiots.