Twitter hate toward Emily

Gwladboy

Do these people actually go to the festival?

Half the people on my twitter feed moaned regarding Kanye and now Florence. But I know full well said people didn't have tickets anyway.

It's one thing to complain when you're going (obviously not condonig the spiteful shit these people come out with) but if you're not going and never have been what's the point?

Horrible little people. Must be upsetting for her, perhaps she's a secret efestivaller and reading this thread now realises that social media isn't exclusively for idiots/trolls.

Edited by Likearollingstone

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are ungrateful little shits. They should be happy that they got a ticket in the first place and when a headliner pulls out it isn't the festival that is at fault. They should consider themselves lucky that they have got a headliner at short notice. The Eavis family doesn't have to put on this festival at all if they don't want too.

Edited by justanothername

Do these people actually go to the festival?

Half the people on my twitter feed moaned regarding Kanye and now Florence. But I know full well said people didn't have tickets anyway.

It's one thing to complain when you're going (obviously not condonig the spiteful shit these people come out with) but if you're not going and never have been what's the point?

Horrible little people. Must be upsetting for her, perhaps she's a secret efestivaller and reading this thread now realises that social media isn't exclusively for idiots/trolls.

They probably don't and the proof from that is the guy who made the petition for Kanye was in no way intending to go to the festival. That's how deluded these muppets are. I'm sure though that Emily is aware of this and is likely to shrug this sort of 'feedback' off which although it isn't acceptable, she knows, I imagine, that these crackpots are just simpletons with a keyboard.

They probably don't and the proof from that is the guy who made the petition for Kanye was in no way intending to go to the festival. That's how deluded these muppets are. I'm sure though that Emily is aware of this and is likely to shrug this sort of 'feedback' off which although it isn't acceptable, she knows, I imagine, that these crackpots are just simpletons with a keyboard.

Oh yeah I remember reading that now, pointless excercise.

Yeah she'll be able to hold her head high at the greatest festival in the world whilst the comaplainants sit indoors wishing they had a ticket.

really? I suspect there will be a little twinge at the back of their mind that they know they werent thought to be good enough first time round. 

Haha are you serious? They are headlining Glastonbury. That's the biggest gig in music. Florence was in tears when they played the Other stage last time. I'm sure they are too busy popping the champagne to worry about feeling inadequate. 

I always feel slightly embarrassed for those who waste their time spewing bile for the sake of attention. It's a genuinely pathetic way to conduct yourself, even if you have a legitimate grievance. I'm sure Emily's old and wise enough to see that it's really just the incredibly vocal minority of socially inept, self-entitled teenagers, and ignore it.

Haha are you serious? They are headlining Glastonbury. That's the biggest gig in music. Florence was in tears when they played the Other stage last time. I'm sure they are too busy popping the champagne to worry about feeling inadequate. 

You're probably right. Public school goers do lack any kind of self awareness I must admit.

People are ungrateful little shits. They should be happy that they got a ticket in the first place and when a headliner pulls out it isn't the festival that is at fault. They should consider themselves lucky that they have got a headliner at short notice. The Eavis family doesn't have to put on this festival at all if they don't want too.

Or they could sell their tickets if they're that unhappy??

Twitter and Facebook are most peoples only way to get their point across, and as the Festival have embraced both then they have to accept the consequences of such. 

As a general point, these are easily the worst 3 headliners on the same year since I have been going, and frankly I am very disappointed. 

People have paid good money to go to the festival and are entitled to their opinions, we have been let down this year, and there is no recourse. People cannot cancel their tickets if they wanted to, and cannot sell them on. We deserve better.

Edited by al_coholic

Twitter and Facebook are most peoples only way to get their point across, and as the Festival have embraced both then they have to accept the consequences of such. 

As a general point, these are easily the worst 3 headliners on the same year since I have been going, and frankly I am very disappointed. 

People have paid good money to go to the festival and are entitled to their opinions, we have been let down this year, and there is no recourse. People cannot cancel their tickets if they wanted to, and cannot sell them on. We deserve better.

headliners are going to get worse and worse every year as time goes on. Everyone who books tickets nowadays surely realises pyramid headliners are more likely than not going to be terrible?

It's not just twitter. In the last 24 hours a small-brain that's been posting here (now banned) has made posts that have 'suggested' he'll turn up at the meet with less than friendly intensions.

I'll be cancelling it immediately of course. :lol:

Is he Northern? And of a species closely related to gorillas?

Who had the gun to your head when you bought your ticket not knowing who was headlining? :rolleyes:

Emily does a fantastic job, some people have no idea of the logistics involved in what she does (which is more than just booking bands) and to juggle things around at such short notice with limited options, she deserves praise not the negativity what some people aim at her. Some people like nothing else but to bitch and moan!

Or, alternatively, she's got one of the best jobs in the world because of her dad :P

But yes. The abuse on Twitter is ridiculous. I mean everybody know its not exactly serious, but it's still lame.

It's not just twitter. In the last 24 hours a small-brain that's been posting here (now banned) has made posts that have 'suggested' he'll turn up at the meet with less than friendly intensions.

I'll be cancelling it immediately of course. :lol:

Who was that Neil?

Also, can we name and shame the twitter lot on here with the new feature?

Final point, do people think Twitter and Facebook is the reason for the relentless negativity regarding the festival (and everything else) in recent years? Im not really on either myself.

My mate tweeted the Glastonbury account telling them to get their 'cheque book out', I text him saying he really just doesn't understand that you can't just go out with a cheque book 10 days before the festival and get who you want. He's since been disowned