It's Florence

fatyeti24

what a load of absolute shite.....couldn't have been a safer less inspired boring booking if they tried......guess itll give everyone whos not a fan of mainstream crap to check out whats on the other stages friday and saturday night now. though

Yeah promote more niche indie bands like Foo Fighters. 

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they are on the edge of the mainstream and that also depends what album your talking about.......either way florance isnt fit to lace there boots let alone fill in for them. I dont care how many albums she sells to hipsters.

Foos are as mainstream as they come. More so actually. 

they are on the edge of the mainstream and that also depends what album your talking about.......either way florance isnt fit to lace there boots let alone fill in for them. I dont care how many albums she sells to hipsters.

When you first started posting I assumed you were a 16 year old kid who knew no better, but aren't you like 30 years old!?

Hang on daft lad. Is it the hipsters or the mainstream that is her crowd?

Or are you just an angry rocker with a chip on your shoulder ;)

LOL!!!

Foo Fighters are prime Q Magazine cover, Radio 1 A-list, BBC advert fodder.

they're one of the most mainstream rock bands on the planet.

To be expected and there's little else the festival could have done at such short notice.

Just don't get why it wasn't announced simultaneously last night, when they tweeted Foo's were pulling out. Would have avoided all this talk .. Although the media attention is what I suppose they wanted!

You have long been on my list of posters that post the most bollocks on this forum, but I think you might now be the proud owner of the top spot. These days I wonder if you're going down the parody route. 

I've got a friend at the BBC and have heard that the BBC have agreed to stream Today at Wimbledon onto the Pyramid Big Screen between 21:00 and 22:15. 

:lol:

Well, I wasn't seeing the Foos anyway, but good luck to Florence. Not her biggest fan but a good move for the festival and for her I think. It's a new act, I'm sure she'll put on a show and get a pretty big crowd actually. More interested to see who they fill the gap with, unless Vanderlyle is being deadly serious...

And, as expected, the cretinous Facebook commenters are out in force today. 

Just me who's happy then? I was slightly disappointed she wasn't booked as a headliner in the first place so I've got no qualms about her not being headline size.

Plus it reduces the Benjamin Booker/SvE vs RTJ vs Flo clash that was causing me to cry profusely.

Marvellous!

To be expected and there's little else the festival could have done at such short notice.

Just don't get why it wasn't announced simultaneously last night, when they tweeted Foo's were pulling out. Would have avoided all this talk .. Although the media attention is what I suppose they wanted!

The news might have come through quite quickly from the Foos to Glasto and they didn't have time to chat to Flo last night before they were making their announcement, which needed to be made because of Wembley and all that.