Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Big Racist Ron - Sacked after 5 years.

While his language was obviously unacceptable, he has a record of bringing a lot of black players through when racism was far more rife in the game than it is now. I think it's unfair to label him a racist, although it was completely right that he lost the jobs he held at the time.

Everything else here is hilarious. And Mourinho playing good football at Inter, did you see that CL run?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

While his language was obviously unacceptable, he has a record of bringing a lot of black players through when racism was far more rife in the game than it is now. I think it's unfair to label him a racist, although it was completely right that he lost the jobs he held at the time.

Everything else here is hilarious. And Mourinho playing good football at Inter, did you see that CL run?

Yeah watched loads of it. Beat Bayern 2 nil, Barca 3-1, won the treble, had average players playing the best of their career.

Much better footie and Real - as nothing else would be tolerated - but for an Italian team the ball was decent. 

He is capable of it. Dunno if he'll do it at England but its certainly better than LVGs style of play.  

6 hours ago, st dan said:

That's a possibility yeah, I suppose we'll never know. Either way, I'm just glad Louis has gone. The match day atmosphere this season has been utterly woeful, and it was pretty obvious that a change was needed. 

With Pep, Klopp and Conte now in charge of our biggest rivals, it was paramount that we employed a manager of that calibre. And undoubtably Jose is. He's far from perfect, both as a manager and as a person, but he's a winner and will improve us from the lows of the Moyes/LvG era. 

Will it work? Who knows. But I'm a lot more confident going into the season with him in charge. He is generally spot on in the transfer market also - which is vital given the money we've seemingly wasted in the past few windows. 

I suppose the ideal, and probable, scenario is that Jose is in charge for 3 years - we challenge and maybe win a title in his spell, but he leaves it in a healthy position for the next man - which is likely Giggs if he gets a job elsewhere and does well. 

Jose is the only man for the job right now - a feeling that the majority of United fans share.  

Well they have certainly changed their tune as most did not want him to replace the Govan Pisscan.

He does not play the United way apparently.

7 hours ago, st dan said:

That's a possibility yeah, I suppose we'll never know. Either way, I'm just glad Louis has gone. The match day atmosphere this season has been utterly woeful, and it was pretty obvious that a change was needed. 

With Pep, Klopp and Conte now in charge of our biggest rivals, it was paramount that we employed a manager of that calibre. And undoubtably Jose is. He's far from perfect, both as a manager and as a person, but he's a winner and will improve us from the lows of the Moyes/LvG era. 

Will it work? Who knows. But I'm a lot more confident going into the season with him in charge. He is generally spot on in the transfer market also - which is vital given the money we've seemingly wasted in the past few windows. 

I suppose the ideal, and probable, scenario is that Jose is in charge for 3 years - we challenge and maybe win a title in his spell, but he leaves it in a healthy position for the next man - which is likely Giggs if he gets a job elsewhere and does well. 

Jose is the only man for the job right now - a feeling that the majority of United fans share.  

Jose will leave the team in a worse position than LVG.

LVG inherited an absolutely abysmal squad, has had to overhaul that squad from top to bottom and has brought through severeal young players leaving them with a squad with great potential.

Even if he has spent insane amounts (irrelevant really to a club of United's stature), you can't make that many changes to a squad (and they needed to be made) and expect to play brilliant football and challenge for titles.

Mourinho will spend loads himself on established players, put an end to bringing promising youngsters into the team, ensure he has short term success whilst he's there and leave a squad with much less potential.

The sense of entitlement from United fans through the LVG years has been awful. Anyone could see what a difficult task he had on his hands and expecting him to challenge for the league within two years is very naive.

It's like people who moan that Wenger didn't win anything for 9 years when he sanctioned a stadium move, giving up his funds to challenge for major honours and having to sell his best players year on year.

Football fans are way too unrealistic sometimes.

7 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Liverpool have signed a keeper.

Odd how they'd need to do that with Mignolet being one of the better keepers in the Prem ;)

I'd say it's more about Bogdan than Mignolet. Whatever Mignolet's faults he's in need of better back-up.

If it just so happens that the back-up is better I don't expect anyone (except perhaps Mignolet) will complain.

4 minutes ago, thetime said:

No offers? Staying until he gets one.

:rolleyes:

It's a decent gig if he gets a proper amount of the owners support, and in theory any half decent manager would get them straight back up if thewy get that support.

You'll have more than the empty bollocks you have now to throw at him if he fails.

Arsenal sign 'Gladbach captain Granit Xhaka, apparently for £30m+. 

Well happy with that. Only seen him play a few times on TV but the talk about him seems really positive. Hopefully he is the midfield rock we've been crying out for. 

Now there's only the small matter of a CB, another midfielder and a striker to get :D 

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Arsenal sign 'Gladbach captain Granit Xhaka, apparently for £30m+. 

Well happy with that. Only seen him play a few times on TV but the talk about him seems really positive. Hopefully he is the midfield rock we've been crying out for. 

Now there's only the small matter of a CB, another midfielder and a striker to get :D 

I don't think he's a 'midfield rock', is he? I think he's more of a DLP in the mould of Arteta/Fabregas/Cazorla-when-he-plays-deep. He'll play alongside Coquelin/Elneny I'd assume, freeing Ramsey/Wilshere to take one wing with Sanchez on the other.

CB and striker are the most important positions now. Right wing would be useful but as said above, with Sanchez obviously having left wing nailed down there's a selection of Ramsey/Wilshere/Welbeck/Iwobi/Walcott/Campbell/Ox for the position. You'd hope a couple of those will be disposed of in the Summer, however.

Also the United fans' posts about Rafa on here baffle me. It's like being on a primary school football forum.