Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

On 20/05/2016 at 5:59 PM, pink_triangle said:

Can any of the Scottish contingent give an opinion on Jordan White a forward from Livingston we have signed 

He's not someone I've seen a great deal of recently but Livingston fans seemed to really like him and he has a decent scoring record there in what was a really poor team. He's fairly tall and a bit of a target man but I reckon he'll do well at Wrexham. The only other two Wrexham strikers who have played up here recently that I know of are Mark Beck and Louis Moult, White's definitely more similar to Beck in style but he's a much better player overall, not on the level of Moult but a different kind of striker.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mourinho appointment is a desperate move by United. But arguably the right one. They've been on the slide since Fergie retired, no Champions League and with the competition around them more intense than ever. City, Chelsea and Liverpool have young, dynamic managers and Arsenal and Spurs are looking to improve further on last season.

United need someone to get them back to the top quickly, otherwise they face a Liverpool in the 90's esque slide. Hence the call to Jose.

8 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

He's not someone I've seen a great deal of recently but Livingston fans seemed to really like him and he has a decent scoring record there in what was a really poor team. He's fairly tall and a bit of a target man but I reckon he'll do well at Wrexham. The only other two Wrexham strikers who have played up here recently that I know of are Mark Beck and Louis Moult, White's definitely more similar to Beck in style but he's a much better player overall, not on the level of Moult but a different kind of striker.

I hope he is better than Beck. Hard worker, but couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

12 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Agreed. Behind the nets your just too far away from the action. 

The atmosphere can be great at a sold out midweek international but It's pretty shit compared to Wembley and the millennium. Was over at the aviva a couple of years ago and it's pretty good apart from the wee shity end.

It's ridiculous that the Millennium Stadium cost a fraction of what the Hampden renovation cost yet is a far superior football arena. 

4 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

It's ridiculous that the Millennium Stadium cost a fraction of what the Hampden renovation cost yet is a far superior football arena. 

Agreed.

Think the majority of the hampden cash went on the main stand and five star facilities underneath it. The warm up areas etc helped them get the champions league final but not much good to us punters who get a shit view.

I have heard a few people in the media comparing the behaviour between fans in the Scottish and English finals. 

While I believe there is no place for violence and anyone involved in this should be punished. I would also say hibs winning was more important to their fans then Man Utd winning, so I can understand how passion got the better of some people with the pitch invasion.

I don't really have a problem with the pitch invasion in itself (we've seen plenty over recent weeks in England in playoffs, relegation avoidance etc), and I think given the circumstances it was understandable. However the guys who came on and started aiming punches at the Rangers players are completely out of order and need to be caught and charged. Similarly the Rangers fans who decided to come onto the park for a fight should also be punished. The whole thing was embarrassing. Shame after what I understand was a good game of football.

United are a disgrace of a club, totally disgusting. All these negotiations with Jose whilst we still have a manager, sack him if that's the way to go. 

They will sack him, minute later install Jose. Absolutely disgusting, not to mention the short term move of the appointment.

2/3 years Utd will have the same problems.

42 minutes ago, thetime said:

United are a disgrace of a club, totally disgusting. All these negotiations with Jose whilst we still have a manager, sack him if that's the way to go. 

They will sack him, minute later install Jose. Absolutely disgusting, not to mention the short term move of the appointment.

2/3 years Utd will have the same problems.

Can you see Utd challenging for the league next season under LVG? No.

Can you see Utd challenging for the league next season under Mourinho? Yep.

LVGs a nice guy but hes spent a quarter of a billion quid. And didnt make top 4. And plays the worst footie in the clubs history.

Utd beat Sheffield Utd, Shrewsbury, Derby, Everton, West Ham and Palace. 1 team in the top half of the Prem. Great to win the FA Cup but lets not go all Guardiola on it and start balling crying. Scraped by a few of those teams too. 

Might keep De Gea now with Jose coming. 

Edited by The Nal

whilst i wasnt a lvg fan, telling the bbc that lvg is sacked in favour for jose whilst lvg was winning the fa cup is a grade A scumbag move by the club.

(bbc would not have reported as news unless the club had confirmed it)

which club will get rashford on loan? i assume jose will also bin mata again. bring in zatlan and a few other mendes players

52 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Will Maureen get even more cash than LVG to spend? That's the only reason he's there right? If so there's a chance he can do his usual tricks.

He might get as much as lvg on less players, 3 or 4 signings rather than the massive overhaul lvg had to do.

The squad overhaul needed to be done, one of the good things lvg done.

43 minutes ago, thetime said:

He might get as much as lvg on less players, 3 or 4 signings rather than the massive overhaul lvg had to do.

The squad overhaul needed to be done, one of the good things lvg done.

Rashford and Martial has potential to be the best strike partnership in the league. Keeper best in the world. Not a bad start.

Amazed at the support for Maureen from Utd fans - not yourself of course. 

What Mendes players are due a move?

20 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Rashford and Martial has potential to be the best strike partnership in the league. Keeper best in the world. Not a bad start.

Amazed at the support for Maureen from Utd fans - not yourself of course. 

What Mendes players are due a move?

The lot of them are total hypocrites.

They've be saying Jose parks the bus for a decade, now all of a sudden he plays great football. 

1 hour ago, thetime said:

The lot of them are total hypocrites.

They've be saying Jose parks the bus for a decade, now all of a sudden he plays great football. 

And to get to that he'll line Jorge Mendes' pockets for the next 4 windows, then get himself sacked.

6 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I don't really have a problem with the pitch invasion in itself (we've seen plenty over recent weeks in England in playoffs, relegation avoidance etc), and I think given the circumstances it was understandable. However the guys who came on and started aiming punches at the Rangers players are completely out of order and need to be caught and charged. Similarly the Rangers fans who decided to come onto the park for a fight should also be punished. The whole thing was embarrassing. Shame after what I understand was a good game of football.

Pretty much my thoughts on it too. Don't see anything wrong with Hibs fans going on the pitch and equally don't have a problem with Hibs fans running up to Rangers fans and goading them, that's just always going to happen and to be fair it is Rangers fans. However, some Rangers fans going on the pitch and the subsequent fighting along with some Hibs fans assaulting Rangers players is clearly not on. I missed the game as I was working but from what I read and the highlights it seemed like a really great final so it's a shame that's been overshadowed by a minority at the end. I do feel there has been quite an over reaction from the media and the SFA about it though.

7 minutes ago, thetime said:

All paper gossip haha, expect it to go crazy in the next few weeks. Jose/United will get more paper inches than england/euros through the summer.

Reckon Duncan Castles has pulled himself down to salt.