Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, thetime said:

That's rangers walking the league next season then.

Disagree. Pretty decent appointment I would say. Being reported up here that he came up for half of what he was being offered elsewhere although nice sum from Liverpool means he's not short of a bob or two. Celtic fan as a boy and pretty sure he will win his first trophy as their manager next season. 

Warburton trying to play decent football at rangers as well so hopefully good news for our top league.

Aye. Compare Rodgers and Warburton to Lennon and McCoist. Leaving aside for a moment Lennon and McCoist's managerial ability (or lack thereof) both are steeped in the negative aspects of Scottish football, not of their own doing, but they are nonetheless. 

It's nice to have two actual football managers going against each other. Should hopefully mean next season is about who's the best football team as opposed to who's best at fights.

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

Well I don't know, warburton already taking the piss out of Rodgers and that slip.

Haha.

I think he was also quite complimentary about him when rumours started earlier in the week. It's a decent appointment,  compare it to their last one.

Rangers fan but I have to say I'm very impressed by Celtic getting Rodgers. When I heard,for the first time my mind thought of the possibility of them getting 9 in a row again or God forbid 10.

Don't think they will mind you but a doubt flashed through my mind.

3 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Can any of the Scottish contingent give an opinion on Jordan White a forward from Livingston we have signed 

Never seen white. We were expecting to meet livy in the playoffs but Stranraer knocked them out. Spotted he's been freed from a couple of clubs and never moved for a fee. He's doing the right thing leaving livingstone. I think they are doomed.

I don't think we'll get 10 either.

I always remember hearing we were ten years behind Rangers the season before Martin O'Neill took over, and we won the league the next season. I don't think Rangers are that close but after one season in the SPL (in which they'll finish second) they'll have a good chance the next.

Also re Warburton and Rodgers, are they not actually very good mates?

EPL should be great entertainment next season.

I do wonder if Jose's impending return will have any effect on the Arsenal boardroom. If Arsene couldn't win the league against the current crop of managers is he going to have any luck against Guardiola at City and Mourinho at Man Utd?

22 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I thought the Scottish cup final was better than the English one. Thought it was silly to give Lingaard man of the match, but since heard it was a mistake!

Certainly more excitement and chances in the scottish one. When you see them back to back it's so noticeable the gulf between hampden and Wembley. Great memories over the years from hampden but it's pretty shit. Was at the old Wembley once a while back and was at the Scotland England friendly a couple of years ago at the new Wembley. 

Fantastic venue to watch football.

Watched a bit of the German final as well. Good ending for pep. Surely he can't fail when backed with the money at city.

19 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Certainly more excitement and chances in the scottish one. When you see them back to back it's so noticeable the gulf between hampden and Wembley. Great memories over the years from hampden but it's pretty shit. Was at the old Wembley once a while back and was at the Scotland England friendly a couple of years ago at the new Wembley. 

Fantastic venue to watch football.

Watched a bit of the German final as well. Good ending for pep. Surely he can't fail when backed with the money at city.

As someone who has seen my team lose 2 times out of a possible 2 in the new Wembley, I suspect its probably a fantastic venue to watch football if you win! I went to the old Wembley once for the Euro 96 final and can understand why they wanted a new one!

19 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Hampden is a shambles, and an expensive one at that. 

Agreed. Behind the nets your just too far away from the action. 

The atmosphere can be great at a sold out midweek international but It's pretty shit compared to Wembley and the millennium. Was over at the aviva a couple of years ago and it's pretty good apart from the wee shity end.