Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Think Vardy is a bit too lightweight for a Mourinho striker. I'd be surprised if many Leicester players leave this season anyway. They'll all want to play in the Champo for Leicester.

You think to much of the modern day footballer. It will be all about the money, they are now at the maximum. 

39 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I really don't. But yeah, I'd imagine some of them will be looking for more cash than this.

and why not? When fatboy Rooney is on £300k a week and Utd aren't very good, why shouldn't players good enough to win the league get wages good enough to win the league?

And Vardy I wouldn't blame for being VERY mercenary if he gets the chance - cos it's not like he's got many years to cash-in, and has been paid comparative peanuts up til now. I'd rather see him be getting extra than the likes of Rooney on that sized wage.

13 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Very true but TBF they were not in a relegation battle the year previous and 5000/1 to win the title they won

Although alternatively you could say they had 2 better teams to beat to the title. I'm personally not convinced that shocks should be rated by British bookmakers. Whether its Leicester, Montpellier, Athletico or Greece. All were events I thought had equal chance before they happened which was non!

Brilliant for Leicester and football in general, I hope it gives other "smaller" clubs a bit of hope/belief that with the right luck and team spirit, something fantastic might happen.

I can't see the gap widening with the big clubs again tbh, all premier league teams have enough cash to get a decent side together now that is capable of challenging the  "stars", especially with the new TV deal. Just needs that bit of luck and belief that had been zapped out of them from the last 15/20 seasons.

Hope City win tonight, as I'd be happy with either them or Atleti winning the whole thing (though I think Atleti will win it whatever happens tonight). Would be an interesting final knowing that a first-time winner is guaranteed.

As an aside, no offence to any City fans, but I'd be quite interested to see them not in the CL next year and see how Pep fares whilst not being able to attract players who demand CL football (though I guess United still attracted the likes of ADM).

So if City finish top 4 then I'll be happy with either them or Atleti winning the CL. If they finish outside the top 4 I'd probably be rooting for Atleti in the final (I do prefer Atleti as a team, too).

Edit: But then also, a double English win in the CL and EL would be cool. Basically I jus't don't want bloody Real Madrid to win it.

Edited by Will-2609

29 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Hope City win tonight, as I'd be happy with either them or Atleti winning the whole thing (though I think Atleti will win it whatever happens tonight). Would be an interesting final knowing that a first-time winner is guaranteed.

As an aside, no offence to any City fans, but I'd be quite interested to see them not in the CL next year and see how Pep fares whilst not being able to attract players who demand CL football (though I guess United still attracted the likes of ADM).

So if City finish top 4 then I'll be happy with either them or Atleti winning the CL. If they finish outside the top 4 I'd probably be rooting for Atleti in the final (I do prefer Atleti as a team, too).

Edit: But then also, a double English win in the CL and EL would be cool. Basically I jus't don't want bloody Real Madrid to win it.

I'm sure the opportunity to work with Pep and more importantly, the dump truck full of money will convince most players 

20 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm sure the opportunity to work with Pep and more importantly, the dump truck full of money will convince most players 

Yeah in reality it probably won't matter to many, but I'm sure it'll be a factor for some. Say (just an example) Müller would have been happy to follow Pep to City on a similar wage to his current one, but if they aren't in the CL that creates a major downside to the move, of which there weren't really any beforehand.

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Yeah in reality it probably won't matter to many, but I'm sure it'll be a factor for some. Say (just an example) Müller would have been happy to follow Pep to City on a similar wage to his current one, but if they aren't in the CL that creates a major downside to the move, of which there weren't really any beforehand.

I think a lot of players would be happy to look at season as a blip if City didn't make it. They'd sign on knowing that they'd have one season  out of the CL but fully expecting to be back the season afterwards.

A similar principle, but in reverse, applies to Leicester. It'll be interesting to see who they can attract. They can offer CL football but I suspect many players will be wary of it being a one off.

2 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Yaya and Silva signed for us when we did not have Champions league. If we manage to get players of that quality before we were considered a so called established team, then I am sure we will be ok if we fail to qualify this time. By all accounts Gundagon is a done deal so thats not a bad start.

For the record I think we will qualify anyway without needing to win it this season. Tonights result may have a bearing the players mindset come Sunday. Yet I think in a one off game with most of the 1st team available then we would beat every team in the division. We have been in decent form recently bar Sunday, but given the circumstances that was forgiveable.

I would snap your hands off tonight for a draw of any kind, even if it meant penalties for a 0-0.

City went out with such a whimper last night. No fight at all. Strange to see. Madrid barely got out of 2nd gear and Ronaldo was playing on one leg. Atletico will never have a better chance to win the thing - Madrid have stumbled through to the final without playing anywhere near their potential. 

4 hours ago, Celery said:

City went out with such a whimper last night. No fight at all. Strange to see. Madrid barely got out of 2nd gear and Ronaldo was playing on one leg. Atletico will never have a better chance to win the thing - Madrid have stumbled through to the final without playing anywhere near their potential. 

City were just not good enough.

50 minutes ago, eastynh said:

City were just not good enough.

I think you could have been though. Didn't play even close to your potential. They seemed to lose confidence after Kompany went off. I'm sure you'll be back there again next season with Pep

3 hours ago, Wooderson said:

First true test of Klopp's tenure this evening.

Huge game yeah. Klopp can draw inspiration from the other great great clubs who have gone far in the competition recently. Fulham, Middlesbrough, Deportivo Alaves and even that unpronounceable Ukrainian team who nobodys heard of who lost in the final last year. 

:ph34r: