Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, thetime said:

Have Liverpool players got 'sakho is innocent' T-shirts on today?

does anyone really think sports people innocently take these 'remedies' - or somehow forget to go to a test they've been contacted about multiple times?

Woman tennis player took a not-banned (but now banned) substance for over a decade when medical advice would have you only take it for a few months. A terrible terrible 'accident' that was.

And of course pro-sportsmen with the best medical, fitness and dietary advice need to take substances to lose some fat. How would they lose it otherwise? :lol:

Edited by eFestivals

3 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

So Ferg Face was going to get sacked and then he won the FA Cup with Utd beating Palace in the final. Is LvG going the same way? Or does he still get the boot even if he wins the cup?

That's more myth than substance, good old written press.

Unfortunately I think Jose has already signed the contract as manager. 

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Fergie wasn't getting sacked. Board were very happy with how he transformed the club, scouting, training, youth system etc.

Maybe saying he was definitely getting sacked is a nice way for the press to historically look at it, but he was very much under pressure and the board had to have felt that too, no? Was there not protests by fans at the time? I dont think its too far to believe that the FA cup win was at least a nice piece of buying of time and it rolled from there.

8 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Maybe saying he was definitely getting sacked is a nice way for the press to historically look at it, but he was very much under pressure and the board had to have felt that too, no? Was there not protests by fans at the time? I dont think its too far to believe that the FA cup win was at least a nice piece of buying of time and it rolled from there.

There were chants and flags yeah. And he would've been sacked eventually if he didn't improve. But the story of Mark Robins goal saving his job is wide of the mark.

SL-tara0_3099815b.jpg

12 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Different era and managers were given time, even big Ron got 5 years. Financial implications wasn't there, no European football at that time because of the hooligans.

I would give lvg another year myself, he has transformed a side from alot of dead wood to a team with promise. Couple of signings, Shaw coming back and the youngsters having a year of experience. To many utd fans are not looking at the bigger picture, Utd will have a very good team in 3 years time.

Although Jose is coming, wouldn't be surprised if lvg became director of football. 

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

Different era and managers were given time, even big Ron got 5 years. Financial implications wasn't there, no European football at that time because of the hooligans.

I would give lvg another year myself, he has transformed a side from alot of dead wood to a team with promise. Couple of signings, Shaw coming back and the youngsters having a year of experience. To many utd fans are not looking at the bigger picture, Utd will have a very good team in 3 years time.

Still a dogshit style of football though!