Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

And one of the D's too.

I've not checked, but read elsewhere last night that Dortmund are 2nd in the german league with the highest ever points total for 2nd after this number of games ...  but the same words also said that Germany is turning into a bit of a 2-team league at the mo, and isn't as strong some suggest.

The manager seems a bit Martinez-esque all out attack will work against the poorer teams but he did the same thing against Bayern and lost 5 vs 1 in October. I dont understand last night why they didn't shut up shop and hit Liverpool on the counter at 2 vs 0 as I've rarely seen a team move the ball forward as quickly as their front 3 do. Saying all that Liverpool seem to be improving massively recently, should take Everton apart next week

7 minutes ago, mrtourette said:

I bet Phil Thompson has spontaneously combusted, after years of going on about famous European nights at Anfield that never existed/materialised to finally get one has probably sent him to another dimension.

Theres been few better nights at Anfield in the club's history.

2 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Dortmund can fuck off. Managers a twat.

Seem to be refreshingly honest:

“If you expect an explanation I probably have to disappoint you. An explanation would mean things are logical or tactical or at least in moments you see where a game goes to the other side but none of this happened.

“Everything felt perfect for a long time and I was very proud what I saw from my team, but things like this happen in soccer.

“Ultimately we were hit by a late sucker punch from the opposition. Shit happens.”

Seems harsh. He's hardly banging a drum, he was asked a question and answered it honestly. I'm sure if he'd followed the request to 'go elsewhere' he'd be accused of being arrogant. He had no explanation for what happened and consequently couldn't identify at that time how to explain what he could have done, his honesty is better than the usual bollocks managers trot out in that situation.

Anyway, your team won and won well, don't be angry. Be a good winner.

3 minutes ago, mrtourette said:

Seems harsh. He's hardly banging a drum, he was asked a question and answered it honestly. I'm sure if he'd followed the request to 'go elsewhere' he'd be accused of being arrogant. He had no explanation for what happened and consequently couldn't identify at that time how to explain what he could have done, his honesty is better than the usual bollocks managers trot out in that situation.

Anyway, your team won and won well, don't be angry. Be a good winner.

Im a bad winner and worse drunk Mr. T.

:mellow:

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

as an aside, but don't Spurs look the mugs now? The threw away their tie against Dortmund by fielding a weakened team in order to make a push for the league, and while that looked a reasonable decision at the time, it doesn't look so good now when it doesn't look like they'll catch Leicester.

It didn't look reasonable at the time

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

what made it unreasonable to you?

One part of me thinks a team should always field it's strongest side, but I know in the modern game none of them will in all matches.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

One part of me thinks a team should always field it's strongest side, but I know in the modern game none of them will in all matches.

did they have enough points to guarantee top 4 at the time? i think they were third but 2 points from 5th or something.

if he went for it with the 1st team and lost anyway, then slipped down the table, thatd be worse. they are still in the title race, so the right choice i reckon, even now!

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I think it's totally unacceptable, for a multitude of reasons. Not least the 3,000 supporters that spent hundreds of pounds on a trip to Dortmund to support the team. 

Besides which, yes Tottenham were the underdogs but the result was by no means a foregone conclusion. 

5 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I think spurs had possibly a once in a generation to win the premiership. I can understand the decision however it plays out.

That wasn't why the decision was made. It was made so that they had a better chance of finishing in the top 4. 

It boiled down to £££ not glory. 

The game changed decades ago sadly but that doesn't mean I have to like it. 

9 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

I think it's totally unacceptable, for a multitude of reasons. Not least the 3,000 supporters that spent hundreds of pounds on a trip to Dortmund to support the team. 

aren't you someone who believes in the free market?

In which it's those fans faults for being daft enough to put too much trust in their service provider, Spurs. :P

11 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I am still a little pissed City played a weak team against Chelsea in the cup.

Amazing game for Liverpool the other night. Shouldn't have even had a shout after the first half but they won through sheer will and determination. Fantastic to watch and I hope they win it now. 

I find myself in a weird position of quite liking several teams I'm conditioned to despise as a Chelsea fan: Spurs, West Ham & Liverpool. It's more than a little uncomfortable