Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I reckon we were playing a lot better than recent weeks. Stray passes a definite problem, but we actually had a defensive shape and the odd threatening moment. 

Sissoko needs taking off though. The value of his good moments isn't worth the lack of width and lapses in concentration. A reminder that he isn't bigger than the team would be useful as well. 

13 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Personally, I reckon we were playing a lot better than recent weeks. Stray passes a definite problem, but we actually had a defensive shape and the odd threatening moment. 

Sissoko needs taking off though. The value of his good moments isn't worth the lack of width and lapses in concentration. A reminder that he isn't bigger than the team would be useful as well. 

basically they haven't disgraced their selves yet. 

Need Mbemba and Colo back soon.

2 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

I hope Mourinho does go to Man U, because he'll ensure that they'll be even shitter in 3 years time.

It'd be nice to see an interesting appointment though. Of course, if you want a crazy suggestion, Pellegrini will be available....

You would have to be crazy as he is absolutely fucking useless.

9 hours ago, eastynh said:

You would have to be crazy as he is absolutely fucking useless.

I strongly disagree. I know City have had their problems this season, but I think he's done a good job while there, and built well on the team Mancini left while holding his dignity in a manner not seen at a big club since Ranieri was sacked.

Just now, kaosmark2 said:

I strongly disagree. I know City have had their problems this season, but I think he's done a good job while there, and built well on the team Mancini left while holding his dignity in a manner not seen at a big club since Ranieri was sacked.

Mate he is absolutely useless. He is a gentleman and a lovely bloke but he's taken City backwards. 

It has just been a downward spiral since he got the job. We have not beaten one top 6 club this season. He has absolutely destroyed the Mancini team.

We will all thank him for his efforts when he leaves. There will not be many City fans sad to see him go though. He has basically held the fort for 3 years till Pep was available.

That £12m that we got for Shelvey is looking better and better value with each passing game. The game seems to pass him by for long periods, and he's still clearly got fitness issues (blowing after 60 minutes)

No doubt he'll score the winner against us next month up at St. James' Park though...

Lots of Newcastle fans seem to love him atm, forums and blogs calling for him to be made captain and stuff. He's clearly talented, but he's been wildly inconsistent for us as I expected, and the adulation he's getting just seems because he's performed a bit better than how the rest of our team has (which isn't saying much).

His base level has seemed better for us than I remember it being elsewhere, but he's not been performing like a £12m player.

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

Shelvey has always been a funny one. Always has these small spells, and they're always pretty small, when he looks a player. Most of the time he's just not very good. Yet teams will still pay millions for him based on these small spells

We've played so much better as a team since we've sold him. It wasn't possible to fit him and Sigurdsson into the same team, and Gylfi has 7 goals in his last 11 since we stopped trying to do so.

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 3:50 PM, thetime said:

Didn't they just beat Real Madrid in the cup winners cup final?

Although I agree it doesn't have to be a world renowned coach, it's just the predictable names.

Someone like Pep didn't do too bad being thrown in the deep end.  While people analyze different managers, I think that luck is a bigger factor than many would admit.  As for another name, how about Ranieri? I have a feeling he wont be at Leicester next season.

23 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

If you categorize him as fucking useless, out of interest who would you classify as being an average premiership manager?

If he was Stoke manager he would not do as well as Mark Hughes is doing. In fact Hughes is a far better manager.

Edited by eastynh

40 minutes ago, eastynh said:

If he was Stoke manager he would not do as well as Mark Hughes is doing. In fact Hughes is a far better manager.

I would agree that different managers are suited to different teams.  However if your putting Pelligrini into a similar category as someone like John carver, then I would completely disagree. Not everyone is great or useless, most are in the middle. If you think Pelligrini is useless, you should see what the rest have us have to put up with in recent years!

Just now, pink_triangle said:

I would agree that different managers are suited to different teams.  However if your putting Pelligrini into a similar category as someone like John carver, then I would completely disagree. Not everyone is great or useless, most are in the middle. If you think Pelligrini is useless, you should see what the rest have us have to put up with in recent years!

I am 37 mate and I have been a blue all my life. One of my 1st ever memories was West Ham relegating us around 86/87. You have to remember that for 20 years of my life, City were abject. So I kind of understand what you are saying.

In comparison to Frank Clark or Alan Ball, then Manuel is clearly a decent manager. Yet for the level he is managing then he is poor. He has been lucky in that the good players have got him out of trouble. When hes come up against teams with good players and good mangers, he has not had a clue. As our squad has got older and the likes of Yaya and Silva less capable of coming to the teams rescue, he has not had a clue what to do. For him to continually play 2 in midfield against the best teams in Europe is bewildering. He has no plan and his tactics leave a lot to be desired.

Hes a thoroughly decent man and maybe I have been a bit disrespectful towards him. Not going to lie though, I will be happy to see him leave.