Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

9 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

If your choosing away games Watford is probably the type of game you choose at this stage of the season, but Leicester did their job, while they continue to watch rivals throw it away.  While 5 points sounds a lot, it only takes them to fail to win one game while Spurs win to take the latter to within touching distance, however if they can get the lead up to 7 in the next couple of weeks, I struggle to see how they can be caught.

I don't think they will be caught now. I am still having City to finish above Spurs and Arsenal though

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, PDAD said:

9 games is still a very long time for Leicester to hold out. And with Chelsea away on the last day, a 3 point advantage would very possibly not be enough. 

Having said that, I'm starting to believe more and more...

Also goal difference doesn't favour Leicester. If they end up level on points with their rivals they will almost certainly finish below city and spurs and probably Arsenal. 5 points can be cut down pretty quickly, but none of their rivals look like putting a run together.  At present Leicester just need the games to run out.

8 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Also goal difference doesn't favour Leicester. If they end up level on points with their rivals they will almost certainly finish below city and spurs and probably Arsenal. 5 points can be cut down pretty quickly, but none of their rivals look like putting a run together.  At present Leicester just need the games to run out.

Exactly. I reckon it could be either they win on the penultimate game of the season, or not at all. 

The thing is, while Leicester winning even still seems very unlikely in my opinion, I really couldn't nominate a team who I think it is more likely they'll win. 

On 3/4/2016 at 11:41 AM, mrtourette said:

West Ham?

WE'VE GOT PAYET DIMITRI PAYET!  I JUST DONT THIK YOU UNDERSTAND! HIS SUPER SLAVS MAN HIS BETTER THAN ZIDANE! WE'VE GOT PAYET! DIMITRI PAYET!

:D:D:D

Got to be our best ever season against Liverpoool based teams in forever?!

7 minutes ago, mrtourette said:

I thought I would hate West Ham less with Bilic in charge, but you two encapsulate what makes West Ham fans so intolerable.

I actually posted on here when Moyes went that I wanted Bilic.

Come on Mr Moshiri get rid of Marinez and bring a blue home :P

Edited by lost

2 hours ago, mrtourette said:

I thought I would hate West Ham less with Bilic in charge, but you two encapsulate what makes West Ham fans so intolerable.

I have always liked West Ham and their fans. They have always got on well with City. Never any mither at all and always a good craic with them regardless of the result.

How come you think they are intolerable?

8 hours ago, eastynh said:

I have always liked West Ham and their fans. They have always got on well with City. Never any mither at all and always a good craic with them regardless of the result.

How come you think they are intolerable?

It's to do with personally knowing a number of them (and seeing how those here react to the smallest amount of success) rather than how they are as away fans. All decent people, but when it comes to their opinions on their own club Fat Sam nailed it.

As for the club, last season was the nadir - worst kind of owners + worst kind of manager + worst kind of fans to react to success + small amount of success. They got rid of the manager I hate but the increased success only makes other aspects worse.

All personal opinions of course, and completely irrational :)

Edited by mrtourette

31 minutes ago, sdvruxk said:

Mata sending off killed us. 

We weren't controlling the game or anything but the man deficit showed towards the end. 

Liverpool had a midfielder sent off too away from home and they still won.

Another shite performance. Pissed off we missed out on Guardiola.

Utd fans begging for Mourinho. A laughable concept a few years ago.

Liverpool were playing a team who, just the other day, you said could be dragged into a relegation fight because of their abysmal form. And who also had luck on their side in the final minute. 

United weren't good enough. Having 10 men against a team who are usually set up well defensively anyway was never an easy task though. 

I'm not saying we would've won if we had 11 men because our problems this season have been highlighted when playing against teams who sit off us. We need loads of space for our players to look good, most of the time.

15 minutes ago, sdvruxk said:

Liverpool were playing a team who, just the other day, you said could be dragged into a relegation fight because of their abysmal form. And who also had luck on their side in the final minute. 

United weren't good enough. Having 10 men against a team who are usually set up well defensively anyway was never an easy task though. 

I'm not saying we would've won if we had 11 men because our problems this season have been highlighted when playing against teams who sit off us. We need loads of space for our players to look good, most of the time.

LVG will do a LVG in the next 11 days and everything will be fine.:wub: