Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

10 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Are spurs in a hot streak? For me they have been the most consistent team this season.  Which is amazing as I keep expecting spurs to do a spurs!

they're on a much better streak in recent weeks/months than they were going at the beginning of the season. They took a while to get in the mix.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

In which case they must have been drawing a lot.

Their points per game average is certainly better more recently.

True. This might be something to do with their fixture list mind. 

In their last 8 games, they've played only 2 matches against top 10 sides. They drew one and lost the other of those. 

Flat track bullies? 

19 minutes ago, GlastoSimon said:

Go on...

Dates back to their administration days...they even owed the St Johns Ambulance money...

Incidentally, the administration rules were changed as a result of the loopholes that Leicester used to start again in the most favourable way. 

2 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Dates back to their administration days...they even owed the St Johns Ambulance money...

Incidentally, the administration rules were changed as a result of the loopholes that Leicester used to start again in the most favourable way. 

And can you guess who was the first team who had to pay for leicester taking the piss with the administration rules?

6 hours ago, eFestivals said:

not if they play like last night, despite the win and despite the Vardy super-strike.

Cos let's be fair, they were very average, and any half decent team should have had them.

I will be interested to see how liverpool treat the league from now on.  Could we see players rested in the league to put everything into the europa league campaign?

11 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I will be interested to see how liverpool treat the league from now on.  Could we see players rested in the league to put everything into the europa league campaign?

I reckon every single player is playing for their place at the club. 1st teamers, youth, everyone. Klopp sold 25 players in his first two seasons at Dortmund. There will be a huge clear out regardless this summer.

12 hours ago, Celery said:

Average?!?

Yes, average.

I watched the whole match, not just the highlights. Leicester are very beatable, unlike just about every other team that's sat at the top over the years.

It is, if you like, what makes what they're doing so astounding. They just shouldn't be there ... tho there's no doubting that they fully deserve that spot all the same.

10 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Teixeira to China.  The league seems to have taken another step in terms of the players it is attracting.  They seem to be getting the players at an earlier age, as opposed to talking the retirement approach of the MLS.

Teams breaking the Super League transfer record 3 times in 10 days and clubs willing to pay double what clubs in Europe feel is value is ominous. Is it sustainable? I have no idea, but right now a hell of a lot of more heads are going to be turned toward the cash sloshing about there.......and their transfer deadline is not until the end of Feb so there may be more to come from China

42 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Teams breaking the Super League transfer record 3 times in 10 days and clubs willing to pay double what clubs in Europe feel is value is ominous. Is it sustainable? I have no idea, but right now a hell of a lot of more heads are going to be turned toward the cash sloshing about there.......and their transfer deadline is not until the end of Feb so there may be more to come from China

It will be interested to see if we start seeing these top players moving from China back to Europe, or if the money will keep them for good.  I also wonder if the move will hinder international call ups, particularly for all these Brazilians/

On Thursday, February 04, 2016 at 9:13 AM, eFestivals said:

Yes, average.

I watched the whole match, not just the highlights. Leicester are very beatable, unlike just about every other team that's sat at the top over the years.

It is, if you like, what makes what they're doing so astounding. They just shouldn't be there ... tho there's no doubting that they fully deserve that spot all the same.

great performance at the mo against city. i guess we can stop the ' can lecister do it' talk, they look favourites at the moment