Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

8 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/25/anchester-united-louis-van-gaal-resign-offer?CMP=twt_gu

Fair play to Van Gaal if this is true for admitting that it's not working. Ed Woodward on the other hand...

if it's true, then I can only think that it shows how much Utd don't want Moaniho as manager.

And yet I'm still convinced he'll be manager before the next season kicks off.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Nice to see the Welsh Pirlo becoming a more important player for Liverpool under the Klopp regime.

I think he gets a bit of a raw deal. Mostly he puts in at-least-as-decent performances as others on the field. Last night he brought a new energy onto the field, and seemed to be everywhere picking up loose balls.

Meanwhile, Can has turned into a sleep walker, constantly caught on the ball. He needs a spell out of the team.

6 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I think he gets a bit of a raw deal. Mostly he puts in at-least-as-decent performances as others on the field. Last night he brought a new energy onto the field, and seemed to be everywhere picking up loose balls.

Meanwhile, Can has turned into a sleep walker, constantly caught on the ball. He needs a spell out of the team.

Allen has played really well. Unlucky to keep being left out really, he definitely deserves a run.

13 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I haven't got a clue how Pato will get on at Chelsea, but its definitely an interesting signing if it goes through.

Do or die I think. If he flops it will be another very public flop and he'll be poison in Europe. As he is in Brazil.

Utd should've signed him.

On 1/25/2016 at 10:00 AM, thetime said:

When's the last time a successful side was popular, not in my lifetime.

Oh and when were West Ham successful?

Fair point. Success breeds contempt etc. 

West Ham were successful when they won the world cup ;)

As it's coming to an end now and in the papers again, I just want to say hats off again to Gary Neville for letting homeless people use a building he owns in Manc for the last three months (plus providing them with food and more).

I'm sure we could still all find angles to have a pop at him about it, but he didn't have to do any of it and he still did it. If all rich gits did the same,w the world would be a better place.

Edited by eFestivals

On 1/27/2016 at 8:38 PM, pink_triangle said:

I haven't got a clue how Pato will get on at Chelsea, but its definitely an interesting signing if it goes through.

Reeks of desperation imo. We'd have been better off staying with Remy as back up until the summer. He's not even a like for like replacement. The ability is there but the mind and body might not be willing. It says a lot when Harry bloody Redknapp turns you down. A big gamble but fortunately only a loan

Up and back in the motor tomorrow as the trains aren't running by the time the game finishes - cheers TV companies...

Am intrigued to see what sort of line ups both managers put out. I guess Klopp will mix a smattering of youth in with some more experienced heads. Doesn't look like any new signings will be on show for either side. 

Be interesting to see whether Paloschi can adapt quick enough to English football to keep Swansea up. Have to be honest, although I've seen him play before I have absolutely no idea what he's like. 

Premier League is exciting this year, not certain of the order of the top or bottom 3 at the moment. Newcastle have spent a fortune which should keep them safe, but can't help but think they've spent in strange areas. 

That Liverpool result has got to have hit Norwich hard? 

Apparently we're getting a left back in on loan from Athletico, Guilherme Siqueira I know absolutely nothing about him, but at least it's finally a position we were desperate for.

Not at all happy with the Berahino rumours. Clearly a talent but also clearly got severe attitude problems. I also feel Mitrovic is worth persisting with to a degree, the service to him hasn't been great and his all round game has been fantastic lately. We need a striker but I'd prefer one who hasn't spent the last 8 months sulking.

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

fuck me, Liverpool playing a bunch of kids is dire, but nothing as dire as a team above them in the league.

WHU risk making dull Utd look like poetry in motion.

:D

It's quite common for small clubs to bring the opposition down to their level when they play big clubs...

6 hours ago, TheGayTent said:

:D

It's quite common for small clubs to bring the opposition down to their level when they play big clubs...

:lol:

I seem to be the only one who thinks it, but I thought West Ham were great in all but being able to actually score/get close enough and I put that down to having our two best forwards on the injury table.

Pleased with the next draw round draw, out of the options Blackburn away isn't bad at all and for selfish reasons obviously a home tie would have been better this season :P Hopefully they get past Liverpool.

Edited by LondonTom