Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt Wenger gives a shit about a media backlash, he didn't exactly splash out on big purchases prior to Ozil. And I can't believe an Arsenal fan is advocating buying a player with injury problems :P

Wenger won't change, he will continue to do thing his way and get Arsenal in the top 4 every year until someone in charge grows some balls and and decides they want to take a risk and go for the title/Champions League.

After so much stability it's easy to understand why they'd be cautious though, especially with what happened to Man Utd.

Arsenal are the only team in Europes top 5 leagues not to sign an outfield player.

Do they look like a squad in need of strengthening? Not really.

Yes, they have some weaknesses, but they're only improved if there's better players available. I'm not seeing any great centre backs or strikers ready for a move.

The one major cock-up might be not getting another DM.

Despite not buying, I reckon they've had a better window than some of the clubs around them.

Yes that's what the article said, seemed interesting to me.

Absolutely right, I guess the answer would be 'because West Brom want to sell him and if they keep shit-talking their player in public to the point that he doesn't want to play for them they might not ever get the money they want'.

Like I said all three parties have tried to wangle the situation in their favour as much as possible. West Brom just want to squeeze as much out of Spurs as they can while still making Berahino look like the bad guy (publicly chastising him when he said he wanted to play for a big team, publicising his transfer request) so the fans don't get on their case when they do sell him (looks like it's working).

Spurs want to pay as little as possible and are hoping that the 'drama' means that West Brom will want to get rid of him on the cheap (without realising that the drama is mostly created by West Brom to serve their own purpose). They're trying to do it as cheaply as possible but probably hold most the cards as they don't really need the player, he's a nice-to-have for squad rotation and as a home-grown player.

Berahinho is stuck in the middle getting increasingly frustrated when he's probably being led on by both sides whose only interest in paying as little/getting as much as they can for him. Yes he should learn to keep his mouth shut but you can put that down to inexperience, an older player would either know that this is how the game is played and to sit it out until it happens or that if it isn't going to happen then there's nothing they can really do about it (unless it's Peter Odemwingie of course - is there something about West Brom that makes players do dumb shit to get away?).

That Odemwingie palavar, what on earth was he thinking???

He wasn't happy with the setup of Albion's coaching team, voiced his concerns publicly, then tried to force through a move..

Turns out, what he said was true in regard to the clowns with too much influence but his manner of just driving to qpr for a chillout in their car park whilst they train behind the fence was about as bonkers as can be!

You might be right on the money regarding Albion & spurs stance over this, there is blame all over the place and the lad has done no favours whatsoever with his 'I'll never play again' stance..

They don't need outfield players, Petr Cech is worth 12-15 points and that's good enough to guarantee another top 4 finish.

Hold yer horses there fella. Are you saying that the Gooners are going to be potentially 12-15 points better off this year than last with PC between the sticks? If so you are basically tipping them for the title.....................or to be there or there abouts come the end of the season...............

Nah, not even for that.

They'll probably fall short as they do, but they've got the players capable of doing it.

Which is more than some others can say.

They haven't a prayer of winning the league. But yeah, a least they have a few forwards/strikers.

This Martial kid better turn into Henry asap. The most expensive teenager ever by the way!

Hold yer horses there fella. Are you saying that the Gooners are going to be potentially 12-15 points better off this year than last with PC between the sticks? If so you are basically tipping them for the title.....................or to be there or there abouts come the end of the season...............

Plenty did do with the signing of Cech. He's certainly an improvement on one of their long-running weak spots.

I don't think they'll quite make it but I reckon they'll be there or there abouts.

They haven't a prayer of winning the league. But yeah, a least they have a few forwards/strikers.

It looks unlikely that they'll surpass City ... but then again, an injured Aguero might be all it takes for City to stumble.

As for the rest, they're at least as capable if they get their motor humming.

This Martial kid better turn into Henry asap. The most expensive teenager ever by the way!

and Sterling was a shit buy :lol:

672513710607072805.jpg

From thinking this could be on of the closest title races with multiple teams at the start of the season, currently speaking that looks to have been blown out of the water.

Chelsea will of course get stronger and they will be glad of the international break, as they are all still a yard off the pace. But they are a decent way back already and they Mourinho has never enjoyed chasing during a season - always likes to be out in front early.

I seriously think United could miss the top 4 this year. So reliant on Rooney and new signings (which often need a grace period to get accustomed) - they do look better defensively though.

Arsenal are currently the only team that I think could keep pace with city, but they just haven't started well. they have lacked intensity and pace of play - but it is definitely there. Like I said though, they are going to need Coquelin to retain his current form for the whole season and to not get injured or suspended often - not something I would like to count on.

Yes he should learn to keep his mouth shut but you can put that down to inexperience, an older player would either know that this is how the game is played and to sit it out until it happens or that if it isn't going to happen then there's nothing they can really do about it

I think you credit footballers with more intelligence than I would. Acting like spoilt brats is something I see from footballers old and young

How many has Aguero scored this season? I think there are enough goals throughout the team to absorb the loss should it happen

There is a school of thought that when Aguero is on the pitch not only is he a direct threat but he busies the minds of defenders so much he in effect creates opportunity for those around him. When not on the pitch others may find it a bit tighter and more difficult to penetrate. It certainly would be very interesting to see how City would cope without him on the pitch for a prolonged period............

They look to me a squad who needs a few marquee players rather than adding squad depth. The trouble is that those marquee players are difficult to get. Even the likes of real madrid and PSG have been fairly quiet this summer.

I don't disagree with the 'marquee players' bit, but as Wenger rightly says that only makes sense if they're available. There's no point buying similar to what you have already.

I don't disagree with the 'marquee players' bit, but as Wenger rightly says that only makes sense if they're available. There's no point buying similar to what you have already.

Yeah but the likes of Khedira and Vidal were available this summer and if you aint spending on anything else you would think that give you more power to make such player yours if you want em

Utds top brass have shot themselves in the foot with their behaviour in the transfer market over the last couple of windows. Everyone will be looking for silly money from now on.

Its not just themselves they have shot, but the whole of the premier league. Clubs see a PL club snooping around and the euro signs start ringing.

Look at Wolfsburg, they replaced De Bruyne with Draxler - and gained almost 30 million in the process. That's ludicrous.