Chelsea vs Swansea City

Everton vs Watford

Leicester City vs Sunderland

Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur

Newcastle United vs Southampton

Norwich City vs Crystal Palace

Stoke City vs Liverpool

West Bromwich Albion vs Manchester City

From a personal perspective, i'm pretty cheesed off we're not at home for the final game of the season. Stoke away will have a touch of after the Lord Mayor's show about it. We have very tough opening away fixtures but pretty kind opening home fixtures.

Villa away on Boxing Day is a bastard of a fixture travel wise, and getting Bournemouth away in January is very annoying.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a personal perspective, i'm pretty cheesed off we're not at home for the final game of the season. Stoke away will have a touch of after the Lord Mayor's show about it. We have very tough opening away fixtures but pretty kind opening home fixtures.

Villa away on Boxing Day is a bastard of a fixture travel wise, and getting Bournemouth away in January is very annoying.

Indeed its all a bit shit for West Ham with the final season.

Ah well doesn't matter to much! (Ps. Do Swansea normally sell out their away allocation at the Boleyn Ground? I know it was half price members last year, so maybe they had a few tickets to shift!)

Indeed its all a bit shit for West Ham with the final season.

Ah well doesn't matter to much! (Ps. Do Swansea normally sell out their away allocation at the Boleyn Ground? I know it was half price members last year, so maybe they had a few tickets to shift!)

Southampton's last game at the Dell was the last game of the season. Same for City's when they left Maine Road. Same for Arsenal when they left Highbury.

Swansea only ever sell their allocation when it's a Saturday fixture at 3 o'clock. If it's midweek or a weekend TV fixture they don't get close.

Just dug out the programme for our last game against Everton, which tells me that Swansea's last away following was 1,308. So they brought less than half of what they could have taken.

Ooooo, a new thread. Well done TGT. :)

So, City have now bid £40M for Sterling, and been knocked back.

Arguments about whether he's worth it put to the side, how high do you think they'll go with their bids?

Nearly at the limit I'd imagine, then look elsewhere.

West Ham actually requested not to be at home on the final day. Weird decision but they got what they wanted. 

Ooooo, a new thread. Well done TGT. :)

So, City have now bid £40M for Sterling, and been knocked back.

Arguments about whether he's worth it put to the side, how high do you think they'll go with their bids?

Another 5 max I reckon. 'Pool will do well out of this. Just need to spend it better than the Suarez money

Gutted West Ham aren't at home for the last game of the season and am not even a hammers fan.. A stadium like that should get a proper send off.

In regards to Sterling I imagine 45 with add ons will be the highest they go. They desperately need English players and Sterling is the best that is available. I'll be surprised if they don't have a look at John Stones this summer also. 

As an Arsenal fan I would love to get Stones he was pure class when Everton came to the Emirates last season. But judging by last night I think the player that is going to be most highly sought after is going to be William Carvalho  

Edited by mjsell

it looks like you're getting Cech - which will probably be the signing of the summer.

Would be class wouldn't it - How much are we talking do you reckon?

I do feel sorry for Ospina though. I'm not sure whether this is still true but at one point this season he had the highest win percentage of any player to have played over 10 premier league games.

Edit: Here's a bonus quiz question for you all - What player had the highest win percentage in the premier league at a single club? (eg.not a one club player - but for his time at a club)

Edited by mjsell

reports this morning say £14M, with no other players going the other way.

If that's true, Chelsea were taking the piss big time if they really asked for £10m and the Ox.

That isn't what they were asking, was it? I read they valued him at like £10m (which they wanted to sell him to PSG for), but would have liked to use him as part of a swap deal for Ox (eg. Cech and some money for Ox).

That isn't what they were asking, was it? I read they valued him at like £10m (which they wanted to sell him to PSG for), but would have liked to use him as part of a swap deal for Ox (eg. Cech and some money for Ox).

Yeah that's what I thought was the deal. Would have caused a massive outcry from Arsenal fans had they even contemplated it though. The Ox is seen by the vast majority as the player with the most potential to become world class in the squad, more so than Wilshere.

Paying slightly more for Cech as a result is fine with me. £14m for the best available keeper - who is 8 clean sheets away from the all time premier league record and has only just turned 33 so could go for several more years yet isn't a bad bit of business in my eyes.

I was talking with some guys at work and said how has it got to the point of Sterling even being considered a £40m player? Its ridiculous. He has done absolutely nothing to warrant it. To me, Sterling is a £20m player, absolute tops. That being said, I think that City will offer £50m and land him.

On Cech signing for Arsenal, I can wait for that to happen, if it does. I agree that it will certainly be the signing of the summer.

I was talking with some guys at work and said how has it got to the point of Sterling even being considered a £40m player? Its ridiculous. He has done absolutely nothing to warrant it. To me, Sterling is a £20m player, absolute tops. That being said, I think that City will offer £50m and land him.

Because he is English, 20 years old and has the ability to win games... simple as that.

Yeah that's what I thought was the deal. Would have caused a massive outcry from Arsenal fans had they even contemplated it though. The Ox is seen by the vast majority as the player with the most potential to become world class in the squad, more so than Wilshere.

The Ox world class?? I suppose it depends how you define the term, but I dont think he is close to my definition.