Queues into Worthy View?

stopwn1981

Any ideas what traffic queues into Worthy View will be like about 8am on the Wednesday? Obviously completely separate entrance, but will wider traffic impact? Any experiences??

No traffic, straight in. Don't know where you're travelling from but aim to approach from the south and you'll avoid the main car park traffic etc

Sorry to leap into your thread (it annoys me when people do it!) but can I ask Smash1984 as we're coming from the North would you suggest going further down the M5 and coming back up from the South?

We aren't getting there till Thursday afternoon so traffic may not even be an issue then. 1st time not arriving with the hoardes on Wednesday morning and 1st time at WV!

Sorry to leap into your thread (it annoys me when people do it!) but can I ask Smash1984 as we're coming from the North would you suggest going further down the M5 and coming back up from the South?

We aren't getting there till Thursday afternoon so traffic may not even be an issue then. 1st time not arriving with the hoardes on Wednesday morning and 1st time at WV!

It what the threads are for :) personally I would just follow the Satnav as the traffic shouldn't be too bad that day as you have said. This is the post code I have used the last two years and then you pick up WV signage when near. *BA4 6TR*

It what the threads are for :) personally I would just follow the Satnav as the traffic shouldn't be too bad that day as you have said. This is the post code I have used the last two years and then you pick up WV signage when near. *BA4 6TR*

Thanks you star! If there's any Worthy Viewers out there up for meeting for a gab and a drink then holler. We want to make sure it's got some nice community spirit going on as we're scared it's going to be really quiet and reserved compared to our past experiences.

Thanks you star! If there's any Worthy Viewers out there up for meeting for a gab and a drink then holler. We want to make sure it's got some nice community spirit going on as we're scared it's going to be really quiet and reserved compared to our past experiences.

To be honest the campsite will be more quiet and reserved than you are used to inside the festival, but I think you just use it in a different way. Eg. using your tent just for sleep and catching up with fellow WV campers in the beer tent either in the morning or the 5am stroll back after a big session.

To be honest the campsite will be more quiet and reserved than you are used to inside the festival, but I think you just use it in a different way. Eg. using your tent just for sleep and catching up with fellow WV campers in the beer tent either in the morning or the 5am stroll back after a big session.

THIS!

Oh my god I'm so bloody excited

No I'm more excited xD

I can see this getting out of hand very soon, so I think we should all agree that I am the most excited. 

Moving on....When is everyone looking to get to WV? I'll be hoping to be having my first Glasto beer whilst pumping up the airbed by around 12.30-1.00pm.

Edited by magicg

Let's agree that we're all equally excited as each other and say no more about it magicg. (biggest excited face).

We're not getting there until about lunchtime on Thursday, so we'll have some catching up to do. We've always got there first thing on Wednesday, previous years, so this will be interesting to see what the traffics like on the Thursday.

Hi does anyone know what time the car park opens for worthy view? Does it open the same time as the main car parks at like 9 ? 

Doesn't say in the info pack however I would have thought Tuesday night the same as the others. That being said, there would be no point as there is no queing (in my experience). We arrived in the car park about 8am last year and were in our tent after check in etc by 8:15am

I'm the most excited! definitely, as this is my FIRST posting in the forum - just for letting you know how excited I am :-) travelling from liechtenstein to the glasto. still didn't receive my WV car park ticket. is it enough if I just show the email confirmation? 

we're flying back on monday at 12. no need to leave at 5 or 6am in the mornings then to drive up to bristol airport? A5 will not be crowded then? should be at the airport at about 9.30/10am (car return etc.) - what's your advice there?

now, our dog had a operation this night. just not good. not sure yet if we can make it now. we'll see :-)

No queues into or out of WV car park. Because you're not competing for a camping spot against thousands and thousands of others, there is just no need to arrive early, so traffic is more staggered.

Car parks open at 8am on Wed, WV confirmed that in a tweet.

If you haven't received your car park pass from See Tickets, I strongly suggest you get in touch with Customer Services and ask them what you should do. Or email WV directly. 

If you're leaving at 5am, you shouldn't hit much traffic at all on the way to the airport. It'll take you about an hour at most to get there!