Origin of your username and favourite members of the forum ?

swede

Username - My dad years ago bought a dog off a mate of his while having a few beers after work. The dogs name was swede, a staffie but soft as hell, he honestly didnt know he was a staffie, best pet I've ever had.

Forum member - even though Ive never met anyone in person the stuff Mardy and Russy post sometimes have me belly laughing, especially Mardy, that guy seems to be a comedy genius.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted a pseudonym. Fuzzy Dunlop is a fake name given to someone in the Wire.

I was going to use Armin Tamzarian.

Favourite poster - Matt42. He talks shit a lot of the time, but he is obviously just passionate and over excited. This forum needs people like him as much as it needs Russy and Mardy.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Username - My name is John. I thought that would be a boring username. I decided to add something to the end. 

Forum member - Saying Neil is probably cheating, and lots of people (two?) have said Mardy and Russy. So at only just over 100 posts I am reserving judgement. 

Username: To reflect my favourite area of Glastonbury (Previous one I hated, and much happier when the changed 'Placid Casual' made me realise I could do something about it via Neil!)

Forum Member: Russy! (But maybe meeting him would be sort of same as meeting Elvis tho', you're bound to be disappointed :sarcastic: )

Edited by Avalon_Fields

My user name on the Vegas forum I used to frequent was Union (after the brand on a door key on my desk when I was signing up). The more I tried to use Union elsewhere the more I found it was taken, so just added The New.

Favorite poster on the Glastonbury forum is probably Russy or Mardy.

My name is not from the store but more I was nick named her majesties voice by punters in a pub I worked in. 

I like a lot of posters on here, Woffy cos he makes me laugh, Nal for his relentless weather trolling, Russy for obvious reasons, Matt42 for his enthusiasm, Dee for her pics of the site to cheer me up, Keithy cos he likes to troll me (that sounds like a euphemism) Wooderson and Caledonian Gonzo for straight up sarcasm. 

All make me smile for various reasons. 

I know I'm gonna get in trouble now for forgetting people. 

Looking forward to the efests meet. :D

Shout out for the NFR peeps cos it would be rude not to. 

Username - a nod to Sonic Youth

Favourite Users - FloorFiller: endless awesome music recommendations, Tuna: helped me get tickets for Courtney Barnett's album launch and generally keeps us well informed about tour news/ticket news & Dentalplan: the voice of reason

I went on Wu Tang Name Generator, it came up with "Illegitimate Muslim Fundamentalist", which I found a bit too risque, so decided to lift a quote from one of Clint Eastwood's racist films that happened to be on the telly at that point. Typed all in caps for impact.

I don't have favourites, I love all efesters equally, but as an honourable mention, I'm a big fan of Bennyhanna's work on these boards.

My username IS my real name. This was the first forum thingy I ever joined when I started using the net and it's a bit too late now to change it to Kerbcrawler or Deadhead or something else I am known by online. I don't tend to pay much attention to names but I became a personal friend of William Of Walworth a few years back when he started going out with my very good mate Festival Deb. I am a fan of all the #Teamswift guys like Zac Quinn and Get off my lawn. I've met quite a few people at previous Glastonbury meets but I'm crap at remembering names. If you've ever made a really enthusiastic post about ANY artist or festival on here I will have made a mental note. I don't care for negativiTy when it comes to music. I like every genre under the sun!

I've got 2 eyes; name just a term of endearment, favourite is prob yogurt, totally mad and funny with it.

Special mention to Brandycoke as he got us our tickets in the resale when all hope was running out, oh and Scruffs for the offer of help both this year and previous :)

Username - when I joined we had 2, but now sadly only one, Parson Jack Russell terriers...Sid and Nancy...Nancy is now 13.

Fave posters - got to love Bennyhana for his no nonsense honest words....and that he signs himself 'Ben' everytime....and Mike99...mainly because I know who he is!