Are you fit and ready for whats to come ?

swede

Ive already mentioned it on here, but last year I wasnt in the best shape health wise leading upto Glastonbury. I was diagnosed 3 months before last years festival with multiple small blood clots on one of my lungs, and only came off warfarin 5 days before the festival started. I knew I wasnt quite right at certain points of the festival, for instance the Wednesday night I had hand tremors and pins and needles, The Sunday was an absolute blur at points as my body had just had enough. To top it off we didnt have the best festival with the group of friends we went with, some first timers who just didnt get Glastonbury, and It took me a good month and a half to mentally get over what had happened at the festival. Not saying we didnt have a good time but the people we went with were just hard work, constantly moaning, they wouldnt go anywhere by themselves, including the toilets, it was just an odd year.

Since then Ive been going to the gym since October, eating well, and with less than two weeks until the festival feel the best Ive ever felt leading up to a Glastonbury. I feel ready for whatever the festival throws at me, long days, plenty of overdoing it and getting around the site. I feel like Ive got to make up for last year in a way, its just me and the wife this year, and cant wait to let loose and in a couple of weeks time.

See some of you at the meet on The Wednesday.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, not really. I'm in better shape, health wise than i've been for a while, lost a bit of weight etc, but the problem is i've not been drinking. I'm worried my tolerance will be way down, one sniff of the barmaids apron and i'll be on the floor

I'm fit and raring to go my job consists of a lot a walking so I don't find the getting around site a problem I find it easier getting around site on my own to when I am with friends as I can walk at my own brisk pace and dodge past dawdlers.

When it's a wet one is where I tend to struggle as the day gets on. I make all these plans to go to the late night areas but once the main headliners have finished I'm ready for a chill then bed. Walking around in the sludge and not being able to sit down on the grass really does take it out of me.

I feel ready for whatever the festival throws at me, long days, plenty of overdoing it and getting around the site. I feel like Ive got to make up for last year in a way, its just me and the wife this year, and cant wait to let loose and in a couple of weeks time.

Hey Swede -

It's such a downer to have that experience after looking forward to something for so long.

Good to hear the Mojo is in the right place and feel that positivity!

I have 4 horrible days of work ahead, but then everything clears up, and Im looking forward to that build up over next weekend!

It's going to be a great fest this year!

I had cellulitis during all of May in my knee & pretty much spent all month in bed, chugging pills & feeling terrible. As it's an infection it definitely takes it out of you and I'm just starting to feel some energy now, but I haven't dared hit the gym yet.

I was pretty concerned a couple of weeks ago that I'd still be in bad shape, but touch wood I can usually pick up quite quickly after illness physically - I'm trying out some decent pairs of walking boots, making sure I eat healthily in the run-up but most important of all is the surge of energy that hits you once you're through those gates, and you leave the outside world and those health woes behind. That seems to be the best kind of medicine on the planet.

When Villa beat Albion in the FA Cup quarter final, I went slightly crazy & climbed up on my seat which then flipped back so I fell through it, twisting all the ligaments in my knee.

At the time I felt no pain, but I limped for weeks, and still haven't done any exercise since, as each time I have tried to even cycle, the pain comes back. I still have a trace of the bruises on my left shin.

I am a bit worried that I am in my worst ever shape for Glastonbury, and that the knee will give out half way through the weekend. It really really really needs not to be muddy!

Edited by amfy

Hey Swede -

It's such a downer to have that experience after looking forward to something for so long.

Good to hear the Mojo is in the right place and feel that positivity!

I have 4 horrible days of work ahead, but then everything clears up, and Im looking forward to that build up over next weekend!

It was really hard to take. The worst bit was on the Sunday me and the wife had a bit of time to ourselves, she just broke down in tears at one point at how miserable our friends had made it at certain points, I remember her saying "this is our special place and they've fucking ruined it", like I said we've got unfinished business this year

Glad I'm not the only one. Got a brutal 5 days ahead of me this week, losing staff to the private sector and having to sort out all the paperwork. I'll leave for Glastonbury with a team of 7 and get back from Glastonbury to have a team of 3. Glasto will be my chance to switch off and forget about all the NHS politics for a while. Can't bloody wait!!

Got a beer festival next weekend - http://www.summermoonfestival.co.uk/ in glorious south devon, which will be my first drinks in June to set myself up for Glasto week.

Have been on a bit of a health spurt this month, plenty of walking and jogging, getting the miles in. Was wandering around my flat yesterday with a full rucksack to remind myself how fecking heavy it will be!

It was really hard to take. The worst bit was on the Sunday me and the wife had a bit of time to ourselves, she just broke down in tears at one point at how miserable our friends had made it at certain points, I remember her saying "this is our special place and they've fucking ruined it", like I said we've got unfinished business this year

Shame to hear that. I stopped going with friends after 2013 as they were bringing me down too much. Went solo last year with a camping group and made a 'glasto family' who are much more fun!

Forget last year and both have a great time together. See you at the meet!

Ive already mentioned it on here, but last year I wasnt in the best shape health wise leading upto Glastonbury. I was diagnosed 3 months before last years festival with multiple small blood clots on one of my lungs, and only came off warfarin 5 days before the festival started. I knew I wasnt quite right at certain points of the festival, for instance the Wednesday night I had hand tremors and pins and needles, The Sunday was an absolute blur at points as my body had just had enough. To top it off we didnt have the best festival with the group of friends we went with, some first timers who just didnt get Glastonbury, and It took me a good month and a half to mentally get over what had happened at the festival. Not saying we didnt have a good time but the people we went with were just hard work, constantly moaning, they wouldnt go anywhere by themselves, including the toilets, it was just an odd year.

Since then Ive been going to the gym since October, eating well, and with less than two weeks until the festival feel the best Ive ever felt leading up to a Glastonbury. I feel ready for whatever the festival throws at me, long days, plenty of overdoing it and getting around the site. I feel like Ive got to make up for last year in a way, its just me and the wife this year, and cant wait to let loose and in a couple of weeks time.

i feel for you, yep had friends who were hard work..turns out they aren't friends at all. now just go with my best buddy.. who fully grasps glasto by the balls, being going with him since 97 Edited by mrfunk

i feel for you, yep had friends who were hard work..turns out they aren't friends at all. now just go with my best buddy.. who fully grasps glasto by the balls, being going with him since 97

Id been to festivals, including glasto, with one of them before , but it had been 5 years since we'd done a festival together and boy had his demeanour changed. I had to pull him aside on the Thursday night as he was having a go at his wife for talking to strangers ! His wife wouldn't go anywhere by herself, including the toilets so my wife had to chaperone her, I def knew it was a mistake on the Saturday when he was visibly upset by people enjoying themselves at the heds party and refused to go in with us.

Just back to me and the wife this year, gonna arrange some meet ups with my brothers group and of course the Efests meet, so plenty of time with people who just get glasto, can't wait

That's rubbish and such a shame friends reducing your wife to tears :(   I would have told them to man up and just left them to sort themselves out

That's rubbish and such a shame friends reducing your wife to tears :( I would have told them to man up and just left them to sort themselves out

They left after dolly on the Sunday, booked a hotel as all my mates wife wanted was "a shower, to lay in bed and to watch some TV"

Incredible scenes !

2 stone lighter than I was at the start of the year and probably a stone lighter than this time last year.

I do have a couple of fucked up big toes that need the nails removed so I'll need to keep an eye on them over the festival but apart from that, I'm a physical specimen.