My first time at glastonbury

Mrsjones17

Hey,

So this is my first time at glastonbury , and only my second time camping eeek!!

Have got all my camping gear , tent , air bed, sleeping bag, stove, kettle for morning brew etc.. Baby wipes , anti bacterial gel. Oh and booze

So my main thing is now what clothes to take so far I have,

Wellies

Flip flops

Denim shorts

Denim skirt

Knee high socks for wellies

1 rain Mac

Hoody

Joggers

Sun glasses

Hat

Scarf

Jeans

Vest tops

Anything else I may need ??? Clothes wise

My other major concern is I have naturally curly hair and generally look like I've been pulled through a hedge backwards if I don't straighten it, so thinking of getting rechargeable straightners is it worth it ???

Oh and I have purchased a shee pee. Lol

Make a pile of everything you think you need and then try and halve it.   I used to stagger in with loads of stuff and never use it so gradually refined to the essentials. 

Clothes wise I take 3 pairs of leggins and 1 pair of jeans and then take dresses for over the top with a hoody/water proof for the night.  I wouldn't personally bother with shorts/skirts etc. as I go for comfort!  Also, as a PP said, if it rains you'll be cold and wet and they take an age to dry!  I'd also scrap the flip flops as even when dry, the site isn't flip flop friendly.  I bring wellies and a pair of converse for the dry days (which will be every day! :P ).  Also try and bring some warm pyjamas- I bring fleece ones as it can get very cold during the night.  A hot water bottle is a god send if you can bring one. 

Hairwise I'm in the same boat as you, uncontrollable curly hair which needs lots of styling to look good. Though having tried the rechargeable/battery straighteners in the past, i found they barely helped- waste of time and money. They take ages to 'heat up' and when they finally do, it's nothing near as good as what you'd get with normal ghds etc... These were a good few years back so maybe they've improved now, but do you really want to be sat in the tent for ages in the morning preening when you could be out enjoying the festival? Dampen your hair, shove some mousse in it and pop on some nice clips/slides/bands and just go with the flow. (Learn how to do a fishtail plait too, leaves a nice wave when taken out!) Do a test run this week of ways to manage your curls without the use of straighteners and you'll not feel so self conscious come the real thing at glasto :) Clothes wise everyone else has nailed it, though i'd also take a thin long sleeved top out in the eve to layer up some more (under hoodie etc) I do take flip flops, but only to wear around the camp in the morning! Hope that helps :)

Ditch the flip flops and take trainers/converse/walking shoes instead. Dont forget some bin bags, loo roll and cups for your brew. Glitter, fancy dress and tent decorations too!

I just looked at the packfest iPad app which I revised after last years glasto (it's a packing list).

I said I needed 3 bottoms rather than two..for me that was 3 pairs of shorts...they started getting v baggy and annoying after a couple of days.

5 vest tops.

Also grab some tights from primark the weather reactive ones..much less sweaty than leggings!

Add a lightweight long top like a previous poster said plus I got by fine with a hoody and my cheapie waterproof Mac in terms of warmth.

My big cotton scarf was brilliant to cover sunburnt shoulders, sprayed perfume on it to wrap round my face in the toilets and round my neck when it was chilly.

Bring a few cheap insoles.

embrace the curls, just start off with loads of product and add more every day, add braids when you are sat there chilling... Everyones hair is a mess but in this setting the crazier the hair the better it looks!

Take a blanket too if you can, it does get cold at night so you can sit with it round you as you're having a last beverage at night before going to bed and then throw it over your sleeping bag. Bed socks are a must too!!

I have to say though I'm a flip flop fan (try saying that after 14 warm Thatchers!) and have worn them onsite for the whole weekend on the drier years. Only take ones you're really used to as my friend's flipfloporitis ruined her festival one year!

The big scarf thing is a great idea. Good for wearing and sitting on.

My friend and I can't cope with wet wipe "washes" so we always take 2 buckets. One for washing, and one for late night weeing with bleach in!! No more having to leave your tent while it's pissing down with rain in the night We've always had massive tents so it didn't have to stay in the bedrooms with us. Ew.

Flip flops = agony as the ground is uneven and v stony.  So converse or similar is bettter, can always take them off at the Cider Bus and give them an airing, there's some seating dotted about.. as for the hair, i too have a naturally curly nightmare hair do.  Don't bother with the straighteners though, not worth the hassle tbh and I'm sure you will a) look fab anyway and B) not give a shit once you realise you're at Glastonbury and nothing else matters :curtsey:

Re your hair, use a thin scarf, or large hat to cover up? You're going to have a blast and no-one cares what we all look like, but if you are thinking about that, then a fancy dress hat will make it a 'feature'.

• 11 months later...
On 15 June 2015 at 2:22 AM, Ch3176 said:

I just looked at the packfest iPad app which I revised after last years glasto (it's a packing list).

I said I needed 3 bottoms rather than two..for me that was 3 pairs of shorts...they started getting v baggy and annoying after a couple of days.

5 vest tops.

Also grab some tights from primark the weather reactive ones..much less sweaty than leggings!

Add a lightweight long top like a previous poster said plus I got by fine with a hoody and my cheapie waterproof Mac in terms of warmth.

My big cotton scarf was brilliant to cover sunburnt shoulders, sprayed perfume on it to wrap round my face in the toilets and round my neck when it was chilly.

Bring a few cheap insoles.

embrace the curls, just start off with loads of product and add more every day, add braids when you are sat there chilling... Everyones hair is a mess but in this setting the crazier the hair the better it looks!

Theres a new version of Packfest app now thats much easier to add items and put quantities. Hope that helps.

You can down load it here

http:///wo90gx

Edited by dibbul
should have explained better

I was all ready to give curly hair info until I realised 2 posts up this was from last year! 

Either way, for all you curly frizzy haired lasses out there, the best product ever invented is boots own make styling creme. It's in a tub, is pink, and around £1.40! Silicone free so no need for drying out sulphates to remove it.