So who is going to replace Foo Fighters?

majormajormajor

They could always get Hawkwind. Nothing to touch them really in terms of visuals, back catalogue and performance. It's about time they were welcomed back to Glastonbury.

Edited by Martin Ashford

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They could always get Hawkwind. Nothing to touch them really in terms of visuals, back catalogue and performance. It's about time they were welcomed back to Glastonbury.

this, or at least headlining the glade! or nik turner would be nice, where are you nic? To the best of my knowledge he has played every glasto up until a couple of years ago!

I reckon if Foos end up not being able to do it (personally, I think they will still be there) then Eavii should do what they should have done all along and give Florence her headline slot, then invite Foos back for next year. This year, anybody who's had even the dimmest intention of seeing the Foos has done, next year would be better for them, given extra clout because of them not being able to this year.

Blur, Foo Fighters, Taylor Swift for 2016 looks good, ye?

Just to clarify my position, I'm not a fan of Florence, Foos or Blur, but think Florence was the obvious choice for headliner this year, The Who were a poor choice, and Foos were an inevitable choice that's clearly going to make a lot of people happy.

I reckon if Foos end up not being able to do it (personally, I think they will still be there) then Eavii should do what they should have done all along and give Florence her headline slot, then invite Foos back for next year. This year, anybody who's had even the dimmest intention of seeing the Foos has done, next year would be better for them, given extra clout because of them not being able to this year.

Blur, Foo Fighters, Taylor Swift for 2016 looks good, ye?

Just to clarify my position, I'm not a fan of Florence, Foos or Blur, but think Florence was the obvious choice for headliner this year, The Who were a poor choice, and Foos were an inevitable choice that's clearly going to make a lot of people happy.

I agree with Flo replacing but you['re hoping for Blur, Foo's and Taylor next year lol.

Aren't all 3 on a new album? I'd already count Blur and Taylor out, Foo's obviously you'd say shoe in if they pull out.

I'd go for Biffy Clyro and FM at the minute, a 3rd I'm unsure of. If Foo's cancel then add them to that, normally I'd say no to Biffy and Foo's but these things happen. Got to think should Biffy we basically done based on a new album, there would be no thought at all that Foo's would have to cancel.

I don't think this'll happen, but I reckon Glastonbury should get Foals on the top of the bill next year, get back their rep as the fest that takes good quality bands and cements them as major fest headliners. R&L will obviously beat them to the punch, though - which will probably get me back to Leeds on a day ticket, along with a load of my old mates from school who were in our Leeds group back in the days of us going, and became Foals devotees when we saw them support Bloc Party back in 2007.... ahhh nostalgia.