Entering/exiting/re-entering Car Park

blackg1000

My group are going to head down to Glastonbury on the Wednesday but we have a couple of people flying in on the Thursday morning to Bristol airport. We were planning on picking them up and getting a few other essentials along the way. What's the situation with getting in and out of the car park over a couple of days?

you'll be able to drive out of the car park but don't expect to be able to come back to the space you left.

Thanks for the reply. That's fine, I wasn't expecting that at all. I was just hoping that it would be OK to leave with the same car park sticker and come back. We're going to be as quick as we can (traffic depending) so hopefully get as near as we can to where we were. It's a tad of a nightmare but it's a couple of folk who have never been and aren't too comfortable trying to get to the festival on their own.

you can drive in and out every day if you wish - I am sure giantkatestacks advice was trying to reduce the hassle for you - if you are happy then just go for it.

Hi Glasto-Worker, thanks very much for that. I was really looking for a sort of assurance that it would be OK. It's so much hassle having to do it but the couple we are picking up have never been to a festival never mind Glastonbury! Thanks everyone for your help.

Hi Glasto-Worker, thanks very much for that. I was really looking for a sort of assurance that it would be OK. It's so much hassle having to do it but the couple we are picking up have never been to a festival never mind Glastonbury! Thanks everyone for your help.

when you think about it - as you drive in your not being scanned so you could drive around in circles entering and leaving and no one would be any the wiser - for sure as you drive out ' they will not take back the pass ' so after you have picked up your friends no one is going to jump out and try to block you as you re enter - you never know the second time you park you may end up closer to a gate due to the ways they fill the fields up.

Yeah sorry, I wasnt being alarmist. Just that its a very easy journey on the shuttle to Bristol from the airport and then a Glastonbury bus from the train station to the coach station. Even for people who havent been before its very easy. Much easier I would say than you getting out of the car park and getting to the airport and then getting back in again.

Once the traffic of Tuesday/Wednesday has cleared its dead easy getting on and off the car park as there is minimal traffic around!

The only thing to be aware of is that while there are a few stewards around its not always that obvious how to exit the car park and find the main road - especially when it's dark! (Been there done that!) probably best to ask a steward reasonably near to your car best way to get off site

As others have said when you come back you may very well get directed to a totally different car park, some way from where you were originally. Last year I started in west 8 and ended up back at east 18 - so make a good note where you left the car or use an app to remember where you parked

Sure it's been said but you also need to get a pass out ticket at the gate - so don't lose your ticket!

Edited by phil the shrew

Could someone clarify something about the car parks for me please. Do the car parks have a mapping system i.e. bay A,B,C etc.? So if someone was to theoretically pick us up from one we could locate him if he drove there on the Monday?

While each car park does have a number, east 12, west 16 etc it would be very difficult for your mate to get there on the Monday. They effectively reverse the system for getting cars on site and going against the traffic would be a nightmare - as would actually finding him in a car park

Better bet is to get the shuttle bus to the drop and collect point at the bath and west show ground and meet your mate there