Dave Grohl broken leg

FloorFiller

Dave Grohl was raised in north Virginia, about 10 miles from Washington DC.  Washington DC was the closest city and he played in bands based in DC.  Didn't go to Seattle, Washington till his early 20s.  Kurt was the only one actually from Washington state.

This is in no way a defense of NME's shocking journalism but, on this occasion, calling Washington DC a homecoming gig, for Dave Grohl at least, is about as correct as they get.

That part, at least, is right, but they've demonstrated their laziness in saying Heart also played a homecoming gig, when they really do have nothing to do with DC.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

according to my mate (I can't find anything online to verify and I don't listen to the radio) apparently Foos are doing 2 shows at MK bowl on 5th and 6th September with those who had tix for Wembley being given priority presale.

I shan't be going, MK Bowl is shit and its a right pain to get home from if you miss trains and can't afford hotels having just booked up Victorious Festival the proceding weekend.

according to my mate (I can't find anything online to verify and I don't listen to the radio) apparently Foos are doing 2 shows at MK bowl on 5th and 6th September with those who had tix for Wembley being given priority presale.

I shan't be going, MK Bowl is shit and its a right pain to get home from if you miss trains and can't afford hotels having just booked up Victorious Festival the proceding weekend.

If that is the case they're leaving it pretty late to announce.

I would also love it if anyone could help me out with a presale code, me and the mother (I'm only 19) were gutted not to see them at glasto, so if anyone has one spare, it would be most appreciated!

Which gig are you after BN?

I thought I was already signed up to the mailing list but it seems not so if there are any other presale codes going then I'd very much appreciate one too! *end of begging post*

(Milton Keynes btw!)

Whilst it is a pre-sale, it's for people who had tickets to the cancelled gigs. Sadly, I am using my code otherwise I would happily give it to someone else.

according to Foos facebook I get emailed my code tomorrow - strummer asked first so I will hit him straight up, if he already has one I will offer it up again.

glad to see it get used than go to waste, also means less likelihood of scummer touts getting in there!

Whilst it is a pre-sale, it's for people who had tickets to the cancelled gigs. Sadly, I am using my code otherwise I would happily give it to someone else.

Yep, I believe so. I didn't go for Wembley tickets as saw them at their Islington gig and was also booked up that weekend anyway, but was hoping to sort tickets for this one before the scrum! :)