Dave Grohl broken leg

FloorFiller

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Florence and her machines are promoted to headline I think I'll demand my money back...

In all seriousness though, leg breaks can vary in seriousness, he could be standing in a cast on stage quite easily. Fingers crossed for Dave

Aye. hairline fracture and he might be ok.

Well I broke my leg a couple of days before Glastonbury 2011, doctor said it was just bruised so I went to Glastonbury with it untreated even though I was convinced it was broken. Bloody hurt when I got stuck in the mud and tried to pull my leg out though!!.

Went to different doctor when I got back he sent me straight to hospital to get it plastered. Funny thing was the consultant even wrote in my notes it was painful when it was stuck in the mud at Glastonbury J

So no reason he can’t bloody well stand on a stage 2 weeks after a break as far as I'm concerned.

Personally I’m happy the first doctor misdiagnosed it as I probably wouldn’t have gone if I’d just been put into a plaster.

Edited by StormCrow

Well I broke my leg a couple of days before Glastonbury 2011, doctor said it was just bruised so I went to Glastonbury with it untreated even though I was convinced it was broken. Bloody hurt when I got stuck in the mud and tried to pull my leg out though!!.

Went to different doctor when I got back he sent me straight to hospital to get it plastered. Funny thing was the consultant even wrote in my notes it was painful when it was stuck in the mud at Glastonbury J

So no reason he can’t bloody well stand on a stage 2 weeks after a break as far as I'm concerned.

Personally I’m happy the first doctor misdiagnosed it as I probably wouldn’t have gone if I’d just been put into a plaster.

He might not want to do it if he has it sit in a chair for it all and can't give it his all

Crikey. Poor bloke.

Comes down to a couple of things I guess...

If they've got really special guests lined up who won't be around next year or whatever, then it'll be hard not going ahead.

If Grohl feels he can't put on a proper Foos show and it would partially ruin the experience of the fest, maybe they'd be better off doing it next year.

At least from the Eavii's point of view they have some back-up in the form of Florence. Such a shame though, hope he recovers.

He might not want to do it if he has it sit in a chair for it all and can't give it his all

This. Would they really want to do glasto while not at 100%, can't imagine them being asked to headline again if they didn't go down well the first time regardless of injury

This. Would they really want to do glasto while not at 100%, can't imagine them being asked to headline again if they didn't go down well the first time regardless of injury

well it took them 17 years since their last performance to be asked back so i don't think that's really an issue. they'll go down amazingly regardless of Dave's condition. sure that on stage energy he has won't be in full swing, but do you really think one guy sat/stood still instead of legging it about is gonna change the entire show? if anything it'll give the show a whole new level of impressiveness