Dave Grohl broken leg

FloorFiller

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder just how many problems that Werchter gig on the Thursday is causing them.

I guess they'd prefer to just cancel that and do the Wembley/Murryfield/Glastonbury shows with relatively little travelling. But not sure where they will stand legally and contractual if they were to cancel Werchter, but they do indeed play shows immediately before and immediately after.

They may be forced into cancelling the whole lot, even if they don't want to.

I wonder just how many problems that Werchter gig on the Thursday is causing them.

I guess they'd prefer to just cancel that and do the Wembley/Murryfield/Glastonbury shows with relatively little travelling. But not sure where they will stand legally and contractual if they were to cancel Werchter, but they do indeed play shows immediately before and immediately after.

They may be forced into cancelling the whole lot, even if they don't want to.

I don't see how Werchter is any more troublesome than the Wembley/Murrayfield gigs?

I don't see how Werchter is any more troublesome than the Wembley/Murrayfield gigs?

Well it involves getting a plane for starters, which could have been ill advised by the doctors so soon after an operation.

Then there's the strain of lugging yourself abroad, and back again in 24 hours. No problem usually, but with a broken leg I can imagine it is far from ideal.

Well it involves getting a plane for starters, which could have been ill advised by the doctors so soon after an operation.

Then there's the strain of lugging yourself abroad, and back again in 24 hours. No problem usually, but with a broken leg I can imagine it is far from ideal.

it's hardly that much of an ordeal when you have people there to open doors, push you, help you from wheelchair into seat etc....

doing it yourself, sure. having family and crew to do pretty much everything for you isn't that much of an issue...

There's no way Wercther will accept them cancelling that but playing the other gigs around it - Werchter moved dates just to get Foos

Exactly.

In regards to their shows in the next two weeks, basically, if they play one then they have to play them all. Which could be the issue. As much as they may want to, they can't pick and choose to suit them.

it's hardly that much of an ordeal when you have people there to open doors, push you, help you from wheelchair into seat etc....

doing it yourself, sure. having family and crew to do pretty much everything for you isn't that much of an issue...

or even Eurostar or be driven to save the pressure  changes in flying.

yeah Eurostar probably quicker than flying, it's right next to Brussels.

It's loads quicker than flying when you factor in chick in time and getting to and from airports. Wretcher is only about 5 hours drive fron London via eurotunnel, Edinburgh is over 7 hours.

Exactly.

In regards to their shows in the next two weeks, basically, if they play one then they have to play them all. Which could be the issue. As much as they may want to, they can't pick and choose to suit them.

It's not quite all or nothing.

Really, assuming he can travel, they just have to play them all after the first one they play (e.g. Wembley but not Glastonbury would be odd), but if Dave was legitimately and signed off as not ready for this weekend but would be fine in 2 weeks they could surely start then? 

If they cancel Werchter, they'll also cancel Edinburgh, they've got there own plane for a reason. And that reason is to fly to the places they're playing, the plan wouldn't have been to play Wembley and drive to Edinburgh, it would've been to fly.

Hoping they don't cancel anything and Dave just takes it easy and sits down for the shows, been so looking forward to them that I'd hate for it to be cancelled, as long as he is down to play them and it doesn't hurt him while doing so I'd like them to go ahead. They're the reason I bought my Werchter ticket!

There's no way Wercther will accept them cancelling that but playing the other gigs around it - Werchter moved dates just to get Foos 

Exactly.

Unless of course he has a 'hospital check-up appointment' in London on the same day as the Werchter gig which means they have to cancel it.....

Edited by Keithy

Unless of course he has a 'hospital check-up appointment' in London on the same day as the Werchter gig which means that have to cancel it......

:)

he's a multi-millionaire rockstar, fronting a series of multi-million dollar gigs for some multi-billion global corporation.

i think the doctors come to him.