Smallest Stages: Must See Acts?

tom22

Making a conscious effort to see more things on the smaller stages this year, always end up being more memorable than the main ones.

Ones I've seen before and will definitely see again this time include Men in Coats, Abandoman, NY Brass Band & Mik Artistik, who are all brilliant.

On here I've seen tips for Showhawk Duo who also look amazing.

Any others to seek out?

Declan McKenna. (Thurs 7pm Rabbit Hole, Fri 10:45am Williams Green)

His sets are a lot more electronic than the single he has released suggests, and for one little man (kid) he has great depth to his music (which you can really appreciate when played live).

I started seeing him ages ago because he is a mates little brother but now I would genuinely say that he is someone who is great to see live.

Declan McKenna. (Thurs 7pm Rabbit Hole, Fri 10:45am Williams Green)

His sets are a lot more electronic than the single he has released suggests, and for one little man (kid) he has great depth to his music (which you can really appreciate when played live).

I started seeing him ages ago because he is a mates little brother but now I would genuinely say that he is someone who is great to see live.

Looks decent. I particularly enjoy stuff that's either funny or covers, I've got pretty simple musical tastes if there's any more along those lines.

Rodney Brannigan, Small World Stage, 4pm on Wed. Pretty sure he'll pop up elsewhere over the weekend. He's excellent - caught him late one night at Ancient Futures last year.

I make sure I catch him at least twice a year. I remember when he played 2 guitars simultaneously. These days he also adds a mandolin and hand snare.

Flipron, who are on in the Avalon Cafe at 1.30 a.m on Saturday night or Sunday morning, depending on how your inner clock works https://www.facebook.com/flipron.home

and Mik Artistik (and his band) who will be popping up all over the place, too many to name off the top of my head https://www.facebook.com/mik.artistik?fref=nf

Also like Rodney Brannigan

Ones I've seen before and will definitely see again this time include Men in Coats, Abandoman, NY Brass Band & Mik Artistik, who are all brilliant.

I'm gonna try see as much of those guys as possible.

Gaz Brookfield is a definite for me. Seen him play many pubs across Bristol in my uni days. Really talented guy and a great lyricist. If you like Frank Turner he's a good bet!

He's on the Avalon Cafe on the Sunday at 17.30.

I was looking around to see some acts to fill in gaps and found Akua Naru, playing at the Glade on Saturday which fits in nicely between Wolf Alice and Sharon van Etton at the Park , think she really interesting

https://youtu.be/Tj6LLXtZPRY

I played before and after her show in London. I must say she was bloody great! Her band are awesome too.