Smallest Stages: Must See Acts?

tom22

I'll give a +1 for Cadbury Sisters, John Fairhurst, JJ Rosa (what time is she Spiking?), and *definitely* Akua Naru. Such great unusual acts this year! :yahoo:

Oh and a personal recommendation to catch brilliant performance poet Harry Baker on Poetry & Words Stage Friday and Sunday - unmissable!

Edited by billum

There was a fun band on the Croissant Neuf Bandstand last year but I can't remember their name, it was on the Wednesday after Hattie Hatstar around 4pm. Looked at last years lineup times but it doesn't appear to be covered, anyone able to help?

Edited by Padgey

JJ Rosa - The Spike Thursday, apparently.

The Undercover Hippy - several places

Duncan Disorderly & the Scallywags - several places

I'd be interested in seeing JJ Rosa on Thursday :)

JOLENES

elestica/80's/

Confused on this, had to check it out, assuming you meant Elastica. I loved Elastica (despite all the plagiarism stuff). The only Jolenes I can find are 4 ladies playing string/banjo/bluegrass whereas Elastica were an electric post punk/new wave group.

Got a link to the one you are talking about pls..

I was looking around to see some acts to fill in gaps and found Akua Naru, playing at the Glade on Saturday which fits in nicely between Wolf Alice and Sharon van Etton at the Park , think she really interesting

https://youtu.be/Tj6LLXtZPRY

that track is brilliant, good find

Nizlopi - guys voice is amazing while he plays guitar, other chap beatboxes while playing the double bass. Glasto was the first place I saw them, so hoping this listing on the Official app is correct (they're not on clashfinder):
Croissant Neuf Sat 13:00
Croissant Neuf Bandstand Sat 17:00

(Loving that TY tune above too)

I have just found 'My Baby'

Who sounds like a female stevie wonder with a guitar (over the top comparison - deal with it)

Who is on about 8 times.............I will try and do that and someone said JJ Rosa, who I wanted to watch last year and then

didn't.

Thanks for this. I had heard and enjoyed my baby but thought they were only on once, will definitely catch them now.

I have just found 'My Baby'

Who sounds like a female stevie wonder with a guitar (over the top comparison - deal with it)

Who is on about 8 times.............I will try and do that and someone said JJ Rosa, who I wanted to watch last year and then didn't.

JJ Rosa kicked things off very nicely for me last year. Would have liked to see her on a bigger stage this year, the Spike gets pretty crammed.

Looking forward to seeing these two!

Kezia

Small World Stage - 12:00 - Thursday 25th June
Bimble Inn - 13:00 - Saturday 27th June

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLDVV-xBOMQ

Flight Brigade

Bread & Roses - 21:00 - Thursday 25th June
Bimble Inn - 18:00 - Friday 26th June
The Bandstand - 22:10 - Sunday 28th June

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1MZYNfyaLY

Edited by Dukeicon

• 3 weeks later...

The Baghdaddies on the bandstand if you're into brass.

As in brass music, not the other brass.

Did you go? I did it was brilliant, especially the crazy zombie conga at the end which got faster and faster and kept changing direction into itself for mass zombie collisions.