2016 Other Stage headliners

Rose-Colored Boy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you know he released a new single a couple of months ago?

Me either until I googled it, single didn't even chart. He was too small to sub in 2013, he won't play a big spot again.

Wow, that's what happens when you cynically put out "whatever sells" instead of making music you believe in. He had so much promise. That last album sounded like an ITV2 trailer for 2 hours. Absolutely awful, particularly disappointing given his earlier work. Even his first pop tunes were great compared to that crap, Tongue N'Cheek was a masterpiece compared to his last album.

http://www.firstup.se/2010/05/dizzee-rascal-on-friday-night-w.html

Bet it was sick tbf.

They'll play Glasto next year, WHICH I'LL MISS!

Yup, they are my sure thing for Glasto next year. They'll get the offer off of a new album and there isn't a fest that has a chance of taking them away from it given that chance. The fest love Biffy and vise versa. I think they'll be Friday night headliner myself, I don't see them closing it or being Saturday (Foo's have a big chance of getting this one). Pulling out will ensure people tune in on TV. I think next year will be a strong lineup, more so than this year, which I thought had a great spread of acts just a tad too much on the pop side sometimes. 

I also considered the Euro's in June but England will do shit and it's the states for me in April/May.

Biffy have been one of my fav bands since I was a young teen. I hope they get their chance, they will absolutely nail it, 

They are an incredible live band and can see them in the Friday headline slot with Foals subbing

for pure selfish reasons I'd like a set drawing on the first 3 albums, but that would never happen any more

Edited by festhead

Yup, they are my sure thing for Glasto next year. They'll get the offer off of a new album and there isn't a fest that has a chance of taking them away from it given that chance. The fest love Biffy and vise versa. I think they'll be Friday night headliner myself, I don't see them closing it or being Saturday (Foo's have a big chance of getting this one). Pulling out will ensure people tune in on TV. I think next year will be a strong lineup, more so than this year, which I thought had a great spread of acts just a tad too much on the pop side sometimes.

I also considered the Euro's in June but England will do shit and it's the states for me in April/May.

Nah foos will be rebooked for the Friday. Biffy will close the festival I reckon!

... And I'm sure you base that opinion on about 3 songs

*pauses and waits whilst user googles first album*

I watched the entire set in between BB King and Morrissey. So it was more than 3 songs. Not sure how many they played off their first album. I couldn't tell you anything on it.

14 songs...

Setlist:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/biffy-clyro/2011/worthy-farm-pilton-england-53d303bd.html

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Biffy Clyro are bloody awful. A slightly heavier, tops off version of indie landfill shite, with power ballads.

Saw them on the pyramid in 2011 and thought someone was taking the piss

They are like Brian Adams on Tennants Super.

the first 3 albums are about as far away from Indie Landfill as you can physically get. either you are deaf or youve made a ridiculous statement off the back of hearing many of horror and mountains of a band that has 6 albums LOL