Rose-Colored Boy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disclosure

The 1975

Chase and Status

Chase & Status won't be back to do it (especially if Disclosure are doing it) imo. i know there are three dancey headliners this year but it's not a trend i'll think they'll continue, especially with so many other possible acts they could get next year. Bon Iver or Sigur Ros would be just perfect (up against the almost definite Pyramid headliner Biffy Clyro please)

the 1975 won't but Haim will? hmm

I've got a feeling in my toes that a successful album will be had by them in the next 12 months. I have nothing to back this up. I dont even know if they plan to have another album in the next 12 months.

And the 1975 can do one. That's my reasoning and I'm sticking by it.

Edited by mjsell

They aren't terribly far off it already so yeah, it is :P

That's depressing. In comparison with this years lineup I have them on a par with the vaccines. (Obviously I know new material would move this estimation) but I have obviously missed their popularity

Sigur Ros seem to have some bizzare aversion to playing Glasto. Granted they played once early on but as far as I know haven't played since. Real shame as they are one of the best live bands of their generation IMO.

i personally think they're too big to headline Other now, and apart from the fairly unrealistic prospect of them headlining Pyramid, there aren't really any other spots left for them (subbing Pyramid doesn't seem like it'd work). i don't think they'll ever do it again, as much as it kills me to say it. more likely to headline smaller festivals

Dentalplan will be happy with the title of this thread

:thumbsu:

i personally think they're too big to headline Other now, and apart from the fairly unrealistic prospect of them headlining Pyramid, there aren't really any other spots left for them (subbing Pyramid doesn't seem like it'd work). i don't think they'll ever do it again, as much as it kills me to say it. more likely to headline smaller festivals

We talking about Sigur Ros? How could they be too big to headline the Other Stage? Their last shows here were headlining EOTR and subbing Bestival weren't they?

:thumbsu:

We talking about Sigur Ros? How could they be too big to headline the Other Stage? Their last shows here were headlining EOTR and subbing Bestival weren't they?

Those were their last festival dates over here, they did Wembley arena and a couple of smaller arenas like Nottingham and Brighton later in the year. Not even sure if their Wembley gig sold out but they did play 3 nights at Brixton that year too which would have had an effect.

Those were their last festival dates over here, they did Wembley arena and a couple of smaller arenas like Nottingham and Brighton later in the year. Not even sure if their Wembley gig sold out but they did play 3 nights at Brixton that year too which would have had an effect.

I see. 100% of the time I don't check my facts, I'm wrong. :P

I still wouldn't consider them too big to headline the Other Stage, in fact I'd consider them the smallest of the oft-spoken chinstroker trio we're hoping for one of but I wouldn't say either of them are too big for it.

Zac's bang on about Disclosure. I think another one will be The National but I dunno about the third. I predicted The Prodigy at an earlier point but The 1975 and Royal Blood seem good shouts.

I see. 100% of the time I don't check my facts, I'm wrong. :P

I still wouldn't consider them too big to headline the Other Stage, in fact I'd consider them the smallest of the oft-spoken chinstroker trio we're hoping for one of but I wouldn't say either of them are too big for it.

Zac's bang on about Disclosure. I think another one will be The National but I dunno about the third. I predicted The Prodigy at an earlier point but The 1975 and Royal Blood seem good shouts.

Yeah I wouldn't say they're too big for it either, pretty much the ideal size actually. I think The Prodigy are still a reasonable shout as they'll no doubt play at least one UK festival next year.