2016 Other Stage headliners

Rose-Colored Boy

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

No way.

Few (in comparison) cared about them when they existed, and they don't have any greater penetration now either.

the last LCD Soundsystem album went to no.7 here. the last 3 Hot Chip ones haven't broken the top 10.

Hot Chip were once upon a time bigger than LCD Soundsystem ever were, but that certainly isn't the case in 2016.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

nonsense.

Hot Chip play up and down the country and at multiple festivals every year.

an LCD Soundsystem reunion gig is a far bigger deal and will without doubt get a bigger crowd.

No way.

Daft Punk isn't playing in anyone's house any more. Everyone worked out it's bad disco. :P

Yes, they have a bit of of novelty appeal, but I guarantee they'll have a smaller crowd at Glasto than Hot Chip had.

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

No way.

Daft Punk isn't playing in anyone's house any more. Everyone worked out it's bad disco. :P

Yes, they have a bit of of novelty appeal, but I guarantee they'll have a smaller crowd at Glasto than Hot Chip had.

If there's any way of conclusive proof il definitely go a fiver to water aid with you that LCD get a bigger crowd if they play

Yeah I'm pretty certain LCD would draw a bigger crowd... even when you consider the size of headliners they would be up against in comparison to Hot Chip last year. The reunion hype alone will be enough of a reason for some people to watch them

Edited by TomViolence

4 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

If there's any way of conclusive proof il definitely go a fiver to water aid with you that LCD get a bigger crowd if they play

I'm happy to go with the opinions of people here for which had the biggest crowd.

But also, my bet offer wasn't to you - and I'm not offering a fiver up to everyone who wants to take up my offer of a bet.

30 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

No way.

Ah I dunno about that Neil. Hot Chip at Love Saves The Day looks like it's selling (% wise) at a slower rate than LCD at Lovebox is and they were announced on consecutive days. I appreciate one is a London fest and one is not, but there is a huge difference in capacity.

I think I agree with the others on here. LCD if they'd carried on would be around the same size (and I admit their UK popularity wasn't huge on their last tour), but the reunion stuff, very few shows etc. means the crowd will be bigger. I'm sure of it.

46 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Just because you personally might be excited about them (can I suggest wider listening habits? :P) doesn't get to mean that everyone is desperate to see them.

Think you might be doing the same thing here in the opposite direction. They were a popular act before breaking up and their reunion buzz will only make more demand for them. Hot Chip of course also have a lot of fans but there's been no scarcity of opportunities to see them.

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Hot Chips crowd wasn't all that big at all - plenty of space to move around where I was stood by the sound desk. LCD's crowd will/would be much much bigger. Hot Chip peaked in size a fair few years back, whereas LCD, due to their reformation, are probably seeing their peak this year

Is this one of the others you lot bigged up as a massive thing?

To be honest this LCD Soundsystem "reunion" hype people speak off doesn't really exist. I quite like them and am excited about the possibility of seeing them but most people I know don't care, and two said "They only just split up".

If we went back to our original headliners of LCD, New Order, BMTH I think LCD may have the smallest crowd

As a huge LCD fan. I don't think they'll pull a massive crowd, but if they sub headline the Pyramid or headline the other they will pull a bigger crowd than Hot Chip did last year, simply off the fact of they were just building up steam as they called it quits and then the internet hype around this reunion. Will help if they get any music out before then 

25 minutes ago, dooke10 said:

To be honest this LCD Soundsystem "reunion" hype people speak off doesn't really exist. I quite like them and am excited about the possibility of seeing them but most people I know don't care, and two said "They only just split up".

If we went back to our original headliners of LCD, New Order, BMTH I think LCD may have the smallest crowd

i'd say BMTH easily, but either way, Hot Chip's crowd wasn't that big, and LCD Soundsystem will 100% have a bigger crowd than them, whether they play WH, Other or sub Pyramid.

I left Jamie xx at The Park and went straight to Hot Chip, so got there about 1/3rd of the way through their gig, and there was loads of room for us around the sound tower, which is about halfway in the field. not a small crowd, but certainly not a big one either.

The idea that Hot Chip are a bigger deal than LCD right now is ridiculous. Hot Chip at WH last year was packed at the front but it was fairly sparse further back where I was. And on the October tour they were playing venues with 1-2k capacities...If LCD announced a tour now and played Manchester for example I'd expect them to do the Apollo instead of the Albert Hall where Hot Chip played, I'd expect it to be more expensive, and I'd expect it to still sell out straight away.

LCD are headlining Coachella for fuck's sake. They're much more relevant than Hot Chip atm.

Edited by Odessa