2016 Other Stage headliners

Rose-Colored Boy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you see this year's Other Stage line up?

Mr B. Bear seems to not actually be coming back after all (despite the new songs) and I really wanna see Bjork on West Holts.

100% behind the idea of Bjork headlining West Holts. She was nothing short of majestic at Bestival 2011!

Edited by BlackHole2006

Is Bjork not too big for West Holts? The new Other Stage is pretty good, plus I want screens.

She was fantastic in 2007 and I thoroughly enjoyed it despite being sober and almost having a panic attack due to the bass.

Bjork headlining Friday or Sunday and you can have any old dross on there the rest of the time.

Truue you are right, I was just basing it on album/singles sales! In which case Mark Ronson, Ben Howard + Paolo Nutini are soaring

Probably true, this is why we can't just base it on sales as only a certain % of that will actually attend the festival. Ronson wouldn't be anywhere close to his size without Uptown Funk, fair play it's a decent tune! Don't get Nutini, back of shite mostly and Howard is worse! All subjective mind.

Is Bjork not too big for West Holts? The new Other Stage is pretty good, plus I want screens.

She was fantastic in 2007 and I thoroughly enjoyed it despite being sober and almost having a panic attack due to the bass.

Bjork headlining Friday or Sunday and you can have any old dross on there the rest of the time.

I'm not sure. I don't reckon she's as big as she was about ten years ago but then again we've had Portishead and Massive Attack headline recently who are probably of a similar stature. You're right about the screens though - didn't consider that.

Bjork on West Holts would be magic if it wasn't rammed full, I think it would be dangerous, and I'd have to camp there all day (which, tbh, would be fucking good day) to be precisely 3 rows from the front. Massive Attack really nailed the Other, despite its disadvantages, Bjork's more than capable of doing the same. Seeing as Mr. B. Iver esq has said he wont be fully reuniniting his popular wet-blanket-rock group Justin Vernon (pronounced Jonny Vherr) just yet, I will accept NIN Other Friday, Joanna Newsome Park Saturday, Bjork Other Friday, but I'm not making any more allowances.

How many people can get into West Holts? 

I know I go on about New Order too much on here and I do apologise. The problem is that they will be doing festivals next year and I have no idea where to put them. They surely have to headline a stage, the problem is which one?

New Order on the new Other?

Would they have the pull to attract a decent crowd on there though? Maybe West Holts would be more fitting for their current status.

It is a strange one with New Order as they have true legendary status. Plus they would play songs from Joy Division as well. The problem with them is that they have been going that long, most people who have wanted to see them have seen them at some point.

Would they have the pull to attract a decent crowd on there though? Maybe West Holts would be more fitting for their current status.

It is a strange one with New Order as they have true legendary status. Plus they would play songs from Joy Division as well. The problem with them is that they have been going that long, most people who have wanted to see them have seen them at some point.

nah they'd definitely still have the pull for an Other headline slot - far too big for West Holts. stick them against a more modern/pop headliner and they'd get a decent crowd imo

I thought massive attack were ace, but if you think they 'nailed' the other then Portishead must have buggered rogered and orally raped that fucker the year before. By far the best gig you'll ever see in that field.

I've seen Portishead play live now, your torture has lost of a lot of its sting.

I'm a way bigger MA fan anyway.

I'm kinda hoping the Prodigy do get a shot on this, since headlining the second stage at a festival now is kinda possible. Bit perplexed really why they weren't doing it this year but oh well.

Maybe it'l be easier to book them if theres less demand than this year.

Bjork on West Holts would be magic if it wasn't rammed full, I think it would be dangerous, and I'd have to camp there all day (which, tbh, would be fucking good day) to be precisely 3 rows from the front. 

Its really easy to get to the front at west holts because of the signing tent. I was way back during gregory porter and then there was the announcement he was doing a signing and i walked up to centre front barrier for Vintage trouble which was a phenomenal place to be xD 

I'm kinda hoping the Prodigy do get a shot on this, since headlining the second stage at a festival now is kinda possible. Bit perplexed really why they weren't doing it this year but oh well.

Maybe it'l be easier to book them if theres less demand than this year.

well they've said that recording bores them but they still love playing live so they'll come back at the latest in a few years as they will just keep touring with no new material to bump them up any further. 

And to top it all - no whiny snotty nosed nobhead Tom York with two unnecessary letters in his name popping up and ruining anything.

Ha ha. That made me laugh this morning.

Pyramid: Coldplay, Ed Sheeran

Other: Disclosure, Royal Blood

Pyramid: Biffy Clyro, Foals

Other: David Guetta, Tinie Tempah

Pyramid: The Prodigy, Duran Duran

Other: Bjork, Lana Del Ray

Uninspired but somewhat realistic

Yeah I agree with the below, uninspired but not realistic.