Paid Work After Festival

Nuthugger

I'll be on the Recycling Crew during the fest, but i've heard there's paid work afterwards too. Does anyone know anything about it?

-Is the work any different to working during the fest?

-How do you get paid?

-Do you need to show them ID/Utility Bill/Passport/NI card before they'll let you work?

-Do you still get free meals? (i'm guessing you'd have to get your food off-site?)

If anyone could answer those questions or tell me anything else about working afterwards i'd appreciate it.

Many thanks!

Sorry Nuthugger, not an answer but I'd also be interested to find out anything about the paid litter picking after the festival. I'm going as a punter but have nothing to do for a few weeks afterwards so if there is work available I may stick around. What would I do on the monday? Do you leave the site and come back? Or is there somewhere to go?

Nuthugger, they do have recycling crews working on site after the festival and if there are jobs going then they usually put posters up around the site. I've ssen them previously by the entrance to the Goose Hall area at the bottom of Muddy Lane. If you ask your team leader he/she may have more up to date info on the details of the offer.

Never done it, don't know much about the specifics so can't give a proper answer to your questions, but for what it's worth I have heard the following second and third hand over the years:

- They do feed you 3 meals a day (through the workers catering at Goose Hall)

- It's long hours and tiring work.

- It can take anything from a few weeks to a couple months depending on the weather, and they gradually reduce the number of people over course of the cleanup operation.

Thanks. Great info.

If anyone knows what documents they need to see before they allow you to do paid work, please let me know. It's just that once i'm 300 miles away from my house it's too late. I can't just pop back to grab a utility bill lol.