Day bag

yellowsnow

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/500-hydration-pack-blue-id_8300159.htmlI have something similar to this. It's OK, not brilliant. The shoulder bags look OK that's been posted in here. I've never hit anyone with the bag because it's quite small and when I go into crowed places it goes on my front. I am looking for another solution this year however!

So did people come to a conclusion as to the best bag for say 6 500ml cans, stuff, sunglasses, waterproof?

And not too expensive?

Edited by jeffie

I'm gonna get one of these for my waterproof (which I still need to buy :P) and a few cans.

Can't complain for £2.50. Might not fit six though :sarcastic:

I had a look at these when I was in Decathlon the other day - looked decent for the price.

I ended up picking up the bigger version tho - Bargain at £7.99

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/arpenaz-20-hiking-backpack-black-grey-id_8330473.html

I have a very useful thing to carry all my stuff around for me. Only bad thing about it is it sometimes talks back at you and moans when you to try cram in too many cans (in the bag).

She has a bum bag which unfolds into a back pack - best of both worlds

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Berghaus-Twentyfourseven-Convertible-Bumbag-Rucksack/dp/B001FSKOE8

You would be surprised what you manage to cram in at the start of the day into those little bags! I often wish I could stomach cheap bags of wine, they look so handy to carry around!

You don't have to go *very* upmarket to find acceptable wine bags/boxes - Morrison's house Shiraz is very well regarded and only £11.99 for 3 bottles' worth (Sainsbury's do a Shiraz too that I suspect is exactly the same stuff, all 5 star ratings, £12.50).

My kind of day-bag! :)

Edited by billum

You don't have to go *very* upmarket to find acceptable wine bags/boxes - Morrison's house Shiraz is very well regarded and only £11.99 for 3 bottles' worth (Sainsbury's do a Shiraz too that I suspect is exactly the same stuff, all 5 star ratings, £12.50).

My kind of day-bag! :)

Agree, Asda do loads for about that price too

So did people come to a conclusion as to the best bag for say 6 500ml cans, stuff, sunglasses, waterproof?

And not too expensive?

Far too much a personal taste issue to say for others. I'd totally go for a record bag type or moon-bag as your basic option though, £5 up.

I usually go out of the tent in the morning and do not return until late at night, so I have to bring everything I need with me in a backpack. I hate having a bulky backpack, but in addition to the indispensable (toothbrush, a small k-way, some wipes, a long-sleeved shirt for the evening), I need to bring something warm for the night, because over the years I have often felt cold. I bought a nice warm jacket just in Glastonbury, but it is super bulky, occupying the entire backpack.

the question is: how do you solve the problem? are you ok with feeling a little cold at night or do you bring warm (but light) clothes? and in this case, which one?

I hate to have a big backpak during the day (at night it is empty...) and I'd like to know how you solve the problem

thanks

I usually go out of the tent in the morning and do not return until late at night, so I have to bring everything I need with me in a backpack. I hate having a bulky backpack, but in addition to the indispensable (toothbrush, a small k-way, some wipes, a long-sleeved shirt for the evening), I need to bring something warm for the night, because over the years I have often felt cold. I bought a nice warm jacket just in Glastonbury, but it is super bulky, occupying the entire backpack.

the question is: how do you solve the problem? are you ok with feeling a little cold at night or do you bring warm (but light) clothes? and in this case, which one?

I hate to have a big backpak during the day (at night it is empty...) and I'd like to know how you solve the problem

thanks

socks and hat make a big difference.

thanks

I've been doing the same thing for ten festivals. Just realised this week that I could just shove all the night clothes in a central lock-up and just go get them when I need them!

The best compromise between warm and bulk is the "microfleece" very lightweight (much lighter than a hoodie) will resist a light shower and if you do get it wet you can get it pretty dry by just wringing it out and then whirling it round your head! As a bonus, if you put your cold cans inside it, it will act as an insulation layer and keep them cool.

thanks

You need a toothbrush on you at all times?!