Weather thread

devilman

ive only been looking at the saturday (for obvious reasons) and it was looking OK.

As long as it stays dry it will be awesome as you know fella. rain is a c**t for download, weve all had some fucking horror stories havent we?!

16 degrees is my minimum watershed for t-shirt and shorts.

I've been wearing a t shirt and shorts all year, it's a freaky kind of conditioning for the 24hr bike race I do in January. i do kind of expect it to be warmer in Jun however, and it ain't much! That rain during Mastodon was freezing! I had to put a jacket and a poncho on and jump around like a loon. Luckily it got better after that.

My wettest memory was the sunday in 2010, waiting for Dillinger at the second stage early afternoon, it was quite nice so took off our waterproof jackets and went down the front with my mate. It fucking slung it down right through the set and then the rest of the day was fucking awful.

other than that was the entire fucking weekend of 2012 - late opening the arena because it was just so damn muddy, and watching skindred and breed 77 on the acoustic stage with mud up to the laces on our boots as we stood there. That weekend was horrible.

Aye watched Slash in beautiful conditions in 2010 but when Billy Idol came on it all went a bit wrong. We went back to the tent to change into dry kit and get wellies etc and ended up having a bit of a party with our neighbours. Was brill but we missed Motornead. Made it back for Aerosmith which was one of my best festival memories ever. The rain had stopped and all was well again :)

2012 was bad but nowhere near as bad as T was the next month.

I remember going to the bar with the last of that day's tokens and my lovely mate was that drunk he managed to spill all of them except for 1, and he ran off down the front with it lol now have a plastic beer tray, that I brought back from Oz I went to see them crooked vultures.biffy was also supposed to play and ended up missing them due to them postponing till later in the year.

So if lightening strikes take out the whole cashless system does that mean that beer is free by default? In which case BRING ON THE STORMS!!!

if that happens, the biggest storm will be from those who can't get beer.

Technology is great when it works, but you can guarantee it won't always work. It might not be Download this year that suffers from it, but something will at some point.

Edited by eFestivals

if that happens, the biggest storm will be from those who can't get beer.

Technology is great when it works, but you can guarantee it won't always work. It might not be Download this year that suffers from it, but something will at some point.

True dat.