Coachella 2016

AThirteen

39 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Overall I think it's a pretty poor line up but may suit some.

That's it, a lot of Americans seem to like it but what is liked and wanted in their market is different. It's very hard to judge a USA lineup when there are acts heading there that wouldn't get close to heading here.

I may be biased but I reckon if you had a ticket for the Coachella I went to you would feel nothing has lived up since as it was a pretty English based lineup for over there. Only shame was Phenix heading instead of them grabbing The Stones but it let me see some acts on different stages which was great.

It's Bonnaroo I'll go if I do one there again, head down to New Orleans after and somewhere else too.

11 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Suppose a festival in USA should suit US tastes.  I'd be redder than a lobster if I went there and spent a weekend in the desert.  25 degrees at Werchter will do me just fine

Haha, the 2nd two days were very hot, between 32 and 35 if I remember and as it was the desert the heat feels more so. My friend was dying at midday on the Friday when Beardyman came on and it got hotter throughout the day, brilliant to not worry about wellies or any clothing bar shorts, trainers and a tshirt though and it wasn't a sweaty heat, just a hot heat. Never woke up in the tent dripping lol, ala Glasto 2010 and this year at times.

Werchter will always be a no for me I think due to lack of alcohol options, I think for an Euro fest it'll be RAR to co-incide around a trip around Germany.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fair warning, it's probably going to be pretty hot (I live in the desert near there and it's been very warm here the last few weeks). It's been in the 90F range.

Remember to wear sunscreen to avoid burns, stay in the shade when you can to avoid heatstroke, and drink a lot of water.

4 hours ago, brayshizzle said:

hear ya

last year it was bad but i got through it. thank god there is a drinking restriction otherwise beer in that heat would have sucked. 

It was roasting when I went, Beadyman was on at midday and a mate was struggling then. I do love the constant sun, green grounds and no wellies though.

That's it, it has restrictions on drinks that others don't but you would be needing a water per beer! I do admit the routine to get the pass for the beer gardens is quite dragged out though.

On 4/8/2016 at 9:56 PM, thewayiam said:

It was roasting when I went, Beadyman was on at midday and a mate was struggling then. I do love the constant sun, green grounds and no wellies though.

That's it, it has restrictions on drinks that others don't but you would be needing a water per beer! I do admit the routine to get the pass for the beer gardens is quite dragged out though.

Ya incredibly dragged out. I have only my passport as ID and the process of going to get the ID and then coming back to the car to drop stuff off sucks. I wish they just did one wristband for a weekend of drinking. 

Your right about one bear, one water. The plus side  is I peed a lot less last year without drinking so much. 

In the home stretch now. Flying out next Sunday. 

9 minutes ago, brayshizzle said:

Ya incredibly dragged out. I have only my passport as ID and the process of going to get the ID and then coming back to the car to drop stuff off sucks. I wish they just did one wristband for a weekend of drinking. 

Your right about one bear, one water. The plus side  is I peed a lot less last year without drinking so much. 

In the home stretch now. Flying out next Sunday. 

Yeah, I had my driving license on my so was fine. 

I admit the idea of being able to drink more is good around the stages but the actual process of it will kill you.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Yeah, I had my driving license on my so was fine. 

I admit the idea of being able to drink more is good around the stages but the actual process of it will kill you.

ya, its part of the whole experience of festivals but sometimes its best not too. the vibes would be a lot different if alcohol was involved.

now its just molly 

16 hours ago, jadel74 said:

I always kept my beer wristband on all weekend...do they make you do it daily now? But yes, two beers/one water combos will get you through the day easily enough.

Last year was my first and they made us get a new coloured wristband every day annoyingly