Coachella 2016

AThirteen

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes going again this year. Weekend 2.

LCD I will believe when I see it. GNR I think has been booked but really doubt it for some reason. Unless its a huge payday but axel will probably flop it. Calvin will play but I dont think as headliner. I can see him closing the main stage on friday or saaturday after the headliner 

I'm planning on going to Coachella in 2017, how easy is it to get tickets?  There'll be 10 of us going and I think I'm right in saying you can only get them in batches of 2?

It's not easy, very much a refresh system like Glasto. Wkend 1 went stupidly quick the year I went, within like 10 mins easily, got wkend 2 after 20/25 mins but by half hour they were gone.

I can't remember how many but there was only two of us that went. I'd try Bonnaroo if I did another one there.

Edited by thewayiam

I'm planning on going to Coachella in 2017, how easy is it to get tickets?  There'll be 10 of us going and I think I'm right in saying you can only get them in batches of 2?

getting them will be hard. always is. for some reason people love weekend 1 .....i prefer weekend 2 which is typically easier to get to. the grass is gone by then and some suprises are revealed but its a better vibe and more relaxed. the phrase someone used which i liked was "wk1 is for the paps and celebs...wk2 is for the music fans" 

last year it seemed easy to get tickets online (reddit and coach forum) at face value. 

my advice, aim for weekend 2, get as many as you can but dont stress because the january more will go on sale and as i said, there will be some on sale online.

getting a bit hyped now. getting into rumor season, bands tours are getting released and speculation is kicking in.

• 3 weeks later...

I managed to pick up a couple of tickets for weekend one back in the earlybird sale. My mate who is going as part of a larger group managed to get 8. I think we were lucky as sold out minutes later. Was a queue system rather than refreshing.

Confirmed

AlunaGeorge
Black Coffee
Bob Moses
Chic
Dubfire:live HYBRID
Goldroom
Jean-Michel Jarre
Lost Frequencies
Of Monsters and Men
St Germain

Likely

Gary Clark Jr.
Major Lazer
Savages
The Kills
Twenty One Pilot
Wolf Alice
Years & Years

Rumored

Breakbot
Four Tet
Guns N' Roses
LCD Soundsystem
Rhye
The Maccabees

Out

Above & Beyond
Anderson East
AWOLNATION
Black Sabbath
Daughter
David Gilmour
Dr. Dog
Earth, Wind & Fire
Eleanor Friedberger
Ellie Goulding
EL VY
Excision
Field Music
G. Love & Special Sauce
Galactic
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Iron Maiden
Jeff Lunne's ELO
Jose Gonzalez
Judah & the Lion
Junior Boys
Killing Joke
Leon Bridges
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
Majical Cloudz
Metric
Mumford & Sons
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
Pearl Jam
Shakey Graves
Shura
Snoop Dogg
STS9
Tennyson
The Cure
The Who

Edited by AThirteen

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I generally find Coachella is a bit like that as well. A Friday of LCD Soundsystem, M83, Sufjan Stevens, Foals, Last Shadow Puppets, Savages, Of Monsters & Men, Haelos and George Fitzgerald would be fantastic but there's only a handful of acts on the other days I'd be really interested in.

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

The Sunday is gash.

I'd see Wolf Alice, Adam Beyer and Rancid. The point Rancid have agreed to this bigger fest gives some belief for a bigger UK fest. I don't know of any heavier/punky act though to do Coachella and turn up at Download (I may have missed one) whereas the crossover with R&L is more so and Groezrock being as early as it is has given acts plenty of gap and return for it. I did say a while back, the lack of Rancid announcement in any extra RAR announcement and other early Euro fests was unconvincing.

Weird lineup, some really differences in quality there. Expected better from them. 

Also, isn't it a bit weird seeing LCD as headliners? I mean, their last tour they were second or third billed, and they haven't done anything since. Just because it's a reunion? I like them a lot, but they haven't really got a lot of mainstream festival hits. Surely not like the other headliners.