Confirmed Secret Sets 2015 (read first page)

stuartbert two hats

Some of you may know that I've been talking to Muppetmark about taking over the @SecretGlasto twitter account this year. I've created this thread as a mirror to the Twitter accounts output, so any info I get will be added to this opening post as well as tweeted out. The Twitter side of things will be pretty dormant until the festival actually kicks off, so visit here until then. I'm also adding a confidence rating in brackets after each act.

I've got a family (which is why I'm not going this year), so any help from the posters on here is much appreciated. Please post any secret sets you're pretty confident about below.

Wednesday

Chameleon Bar 21:30-02:00 Silent Disco with DJ Dan (Propaganda) + Ultimate Power (Power Ballads) (100%)

Michael Eavis + Band 19:00 Avalon Cafe (100%)

Thursday

Williams Green 20:30 - 21:10 Drenge (100%)

Williams Green 21:30 - 22:10 Wolf Alice (80%)

Crows Nest 21:30 - ?? Toy (90%)

Williams Green 22:30 - 23:30 ???

Friday

West Holts 11:30-12:30 - Raghu Dixit (100%)

BBC Introducing 12:00 (ish) - Circa Waves (90%)

Other stage 11:00 -12:00 - The Charlatans (95%)

William's Green 13:30 - Bastille(80%)

Crows Nest 18:00 The Burning Hell

Strummerville 18:15 Frank Turner

The House Of Come Ones 02:00 - 03:00  - The Correspondents (90%)

Saturday

The Blues 1:30 - 03:00 - Fatboy Slim (99%, but not really secret. Just later addition to the lineup. Might not even tweet this one)

Sunday

Stonebridge 16:00-18:00 - Fatboy Slim, as DJ Ox (85%)

Heaven 18:00 - 19:00 Dj Yoda (99%)

Crows Nest 6/6:30 - Gengahr (90% - self confirmation on 6Music)

The Bimble Inn 19:45 - John Fairhurst (99% - His Facebook https://www.facebook.com/johnfairhurstband/photos/a.10150632483082406.389204.60375827405/10152972254992406/?type=1&theater )

Arcadia 23:30 - 01:00 -2ManyDj's (100%)

Spaceport 01:30-03:00 Modestep

Rabbit Hole 02:45 - 04:00 - Eatstatic (99%)

Unknown

Crow's Nest - Stealing Sheep

Edited by stuartbert two hats

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instructions on setting up your phone to receive Twitter alerts can be found here:

https://support.twitter.com/articles/110250

Currently supported UK carriers for mobile notifications are:

https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170024

EDIT: There are reports that this is working on EE too!

If you're not on the supported networks, there is an alternative - If This Then That:

https://ifttt.com/recipes/299833-secret-glasto-sms-alerts

In terms of instructions:

1) Click link and create an IF profile

2) Add the 'twitter' channel by authorising access to your twitter profile

3) Add the 'SMS' channel by entering your mobile phone number (remember to include the country code '0044' before) and then entering the PIN number you receive via text

4) Click add and the command should now be under 'my recipes'. As long as you have twitter notifications on for @secretglasto you should get a SMS every time that account tweets

I'm pretty sure that's it. All I had to do anyway, although I had both an IF profile and the app downloaded beforehand (I'd just never used it).

EDIT: Might be worth adding that if you're doing this via iOS/Android, you'll have to download the app first :)

I'm not sure if Twitter charges for sending the SMS updates, but at least one person has received a IFTTT SMS with no credit.

I don't know if this is possible but is there a way of locking this so only the OP can post in it?

That way you can get people to DM you with info and this thread won't end up being like every other line up discussion (ie lots of talk but no solid facts).

Just an idea though. Feel free to ignore.

I don't think so, but I can edit the first post, that's the plan.

Talking of that, anyone able to tell me pretty much where the crows nest is? I know it's in The Park Area, but it it easy to spot or what?

Yep. Visualise entering the Park from the bottom end, passing the stage area on your right, look up past the ribbon tower towards the top left corner of the hill (ie parallel to the letters) and it's a small cabin structure. If you're outside the frame, you can see and hear, but the sound is affected by whatever's on at the Park. It's a bugger to walk up to, but that's just me being unfit.

Edited by carlosj

Don't know time/day but Stealing Sheep said they were playing Crows Nest on 6 music a few weeks back

I can't remember seeing clashfinder times for the Crow's Nest last year ( and I think that's the point), but they have a chalkboard out each day with times and acts.

Yep - https://twitter.com/beathotelglasto/status/591161996671877120

"Rewind to 2014 and DJ Ox or @FatboySlim to his friends checks into the @BeatHotelGlasto for a secret set #Glasto"

Sure, that was a 2014 pseudonym, but there IS a real DJ Ox, in fact there seem to be a few. Doesn't mean it's Fatboy this time, does it? Does he re-use false names?

Do you want to include Wolf Alice as one of the Thursday "Live Bands" on in Williams Green? Seems to be an open secret on these boards.

Sure, open secrets on here are still secrets in the outside world. I'll start tweeting through the list once the festival starts. How did Mark do it for stuff that was known well in advance? Do you have the set times?