Most overcrowded Stage?

dingbat2

What, to get out?

Yes, actually. I remember someone shouting "Quick, before they start playing!", which I found funny (even though I was there to see Mumford).

Someone tried to take control of the crush, and shouted "If you're coming forward to see Mumford go right, and if you're trying to get out, go left". Someone quickly pointed out, "You're directing everyone into each other, idiot!" ROFL.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst "crush" i've been in was at the Pyramid just before Mumford.

I was at the Pyramid just before Mumfords - i.e. during and immediately after Nick Cave. The 'crush' seemed to comprise a large number of straw-titfered Mumfords fans stumbling about bleeding from various orifices after the Bad Seeds had made sexy-love to their ears and Nick had opened their minds to the squalid emptiness of their pathetic lives.

Rolf, West Holts, 2010... nightmare.

On the whole I'll steer clear of crowded venues though. When the Stones played the other year I was in Glebelands watching Mitch Benn with about 10 other people... it was brilliant.

Hah! Wonder if we can find the other 8! (To be fair I did walk down and watch most of their set later).

I remember how crowded that Blondie set was last year. Was our first Glasto, camping in Dairy Ground, had all Wednesday and Thursday strolling around The Other Stage (and other areas) then the shock come Friday was unbelievable.

Didn't have a pleasant time at any point the JP stage was involved either, so thanks to the guys for the tips on here.

I think it'll be without doubt JESuS in WOW, Leftfield would be absolutely packed to the rafters if it weren't for the clashes, I'm interested to see Ben Howard's crowd too, I'm expecting big things he's exceptionally popular

I dunno about Ben Howard, I think he'll get a big crowd but Pharrell being on at the same time might take away some people as I think he'll get a really big crowd.

Yes, actually. I remember someone shouting "Quick, before they start playing!", which I found funny (even though I was there to see Mumford).

Someone tried to take control of the crush, and shouted "If you're coming forward to see Mumford go right, and if you're trying to get out, go left". Someone quickly pointed out, "You're directing everyone into each other, idiot!" ROFL.

That fellow was definitely officer material.

I dunno about Ben Howard, I think he'll get a big crowd but Pharrell being on at the same time might take away some people as I think he'll get a really big crowd.

Don't suppose you know whether Pharrell plays NERD stuff in his set? Kinda set on seeing Ben Howard, but I'm a sucker for NERD.

Don't suppose you know whether Pharrell plays NERD stuff in his set? Kinda set on seeing Ben Howard, but I'm a sucker for NERD.

Scrap that, I've just found him on setlist.fm after spelling his name wrong 128393038 times and the setlist is glorious. Bloody clashes.

Ben Howard new stuff is a bit glum isn't it

Yeah sort of, not one for sunny afternoon slots like his 2013 one anymore. I think it's great though, definitely prefer it to his first album.

I think he did 1 or 2 when I saw him at R1BW last year but I'm not really a fan so I'm not too sure. That was a 40 minute set though so there might be more in a full set. I thought he was really boring but as I said I'm not a fan of him so that probably affected it.

I think he did 1 or 2 when I saw him at R1BW last year but I'm not really a fan so I'm not too sure. That was a 40 minute set though so there might be more in a full set. I thought he was really boring but as I said I'm not a fan of him so that probably affected it.

Yeah, that makes sense. This is what I think he'd bring to Glastonbury http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pharrell-williams/2015/autodromo-de-interlagos-sao-paulo-brazil-73cb0239.html

Nick Cave was really good, not to mention sexy as hell!!!! I've bought some of his albums since that set.

For one ugly bastard he has his charm! Was the highlight of 2013 for me, the only act I saw start to finish on the pyramid that weekend, totally wasn't expecting it n when the girl in white wrose up from the crowd I suddenly felt all spiritual!

Weird....

Last year was definitely bad for Blondie, plan was to see some of her then meet my brother to see.

Safe to say never made it.

This year has got to be Enter Shikari in Left field?