Cashless? I'm stunned at the apathy.

t8yman

24 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Think they made a complete cock up at the start but they ironed out the problems before I got there.  that's not to say it's a perfect system nor that I totally agree with it, but it's a worthy option if you choose to use it.  I don't agree it's a poorly run festival tho.  I find it pretty good tbh, although security staff at the event are the worst I've seen at any festival.

Personally security staff, preparing for bad weather the choice not open certain campsites until a certain time on Friday when others are full or literally unusable due to flooding is a joke.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Personally security staff, preparing for bad weather the choice not open certain campsites until a certain time on Friday when others are full or literally unusable due to flooding is a joke.

More their attitude that pissed me off.  A total horrid bunch

5 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Thats a production decision, not security.

Andy is trying to deny everything and firing shots at efestivals over this story.

The original post on the official Download forum has disappeared (I can't find it anymore anyway).

Luckily I took a screenshot at the time which I used in a reply to Andy's denial.

Honestly don't care what they do, just as long as it is rolled out in a better manner than last year

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Thanks ... he's such an anal moron that he's blocked the efests twitter from his page, so I've used another account to tell him to stop talking shit.

And thanks to scrubbertheman for using downloiad's own forums to point out that he talks shit. :)

He's a complete arsehole. Think he runs the best festival etc etc in the country when in truth it's so far away from that.

Talks shit about acts that have announced false acts to be playing....then turns out he's the one talking shit and really he's just pissed that Van Halen fucked him over again.

At the risk of playing devils advocate, I honestly think he has a hard job trying to get this show working every year.

The old "you can please some of the people some of the time" saying springs to mind.

But in this case he's being an ass.

Some poor administrator on the DL forum has clearly dropped a bollock by going public with the statement about payment methods, but why deny all reference to it now? Don't they know how the internet works?

31 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

well, the childish twat has now blocked that other account.

So he's going to be offered the choice of tweeting an apology, or losing Download publicity. Let's see how big the big man is.

That was quite obvious though that he was going to block one if he's blocked the other. He's always correct, never wrong and someone else's view doesn't count, so much so that he told people to get with the times and grow up when complaining about the cashless system.... then cancelled it as they managed it really poorly and it fell on it's arse. Didn't even send a message out clear to vendors that they could sell water etc for cash unless the issues were cleared up, instead you just dehydrated.

There is no doubt about it that I wish the day that interests me wasn't actually being held at this fest.

Edited by thewayiam

8 minutes ago, scrubbertheman said:

At the risk of playing devils advocate, I honestly think he has a hard job trying to get this show working every year.

Probably so, but if he spent more time focusing on his day job rather than acting childish, argumentative & rude to potential customers on Twitter he'd probably find it easier.

He wants so badly to be the recognisable face of Download that reaps in the praise when he books something half decent but he can't take the critics that naturally come with a position like that. Alas, Michael Eavis he is not. 

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

I try not to join in the Andy bashing because love him or loathe him, he does interact and doesn't hide behind a wall of silence. He has got this one badly wrong though. Talk about grabbing the wrong end of a stick and then starting ww3 with it :). Silly man.

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

that's bullshit.

He bans anything which is inconvenient to him.

*coughs* :)

Compare him to the Soni organisers or even TCGE from DF. Good luck getting anything out of them. This is a mess though, glad I haven't bought my bPay wristband yet then, I was looking at them as a replacement.

the Soni organisers have never been personally disrespectful - we had our differences and we discussed it - Galbraith and I respected we came from different worlds - this Copping character? A pox on him and his efflugent for dragging my name through the mud